MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

first Saturday in December

Amishway Homesteaders

well here we go - its Holiday time!

today (Saturday) we are off to see lots of things-

Library (down the road a bit) is having a 'Dollhouse show' - you know Lori is going there!

craft fair in same town - mostly just looking but you never know what you might find?

Holiday sale at the Museum I volunteer at- so we have to stop by and visit

another holiday sale at a church on the way - just looking again.

visit a bit with Amsih Friends then home for a quick rest before..............

the 'Christmas Parade of Lights' in town every float or car OR DOG is decked out in christmas lights for the parade.

we go earliy and get a pizza and go sit in the van and have 'supper' while the parade goes by. cool!

then a ride around the area to look at peoples house light displays before heading home.

Big Day on Sunday too - ending in going to see a Live radio Showing (reinactment) of "Merry Christmas George Baily" - radio show of Its a Wonder Life from 1934 they even have the LUX ads in it!. in Senica Falls - the town that the movie was made from "Bedford Falls,NY

Love this time of year!

:AmishMichael2:

What a great weekend for you two! We are doing more mundane tasks: DH is getting oil change, tires rotated and radiator flushed as I type - then he will be helping DS#1 work on his workshop (probably all day). I hope to: sew the borders on the baby quilt I'm making for DGD#2 due in a little over a week and then sandwich the three layers together so I can start hand quilting it maybe?? tomorrow; also hope to make 6 burp cloths for the Ladies of Charity's layette program (so I can take them to church tomorrow) and then I need to clean the house as we are having a Christmas party here tomorrow afternoon for our Renew group from church (tomorrow I will make the apple pillows and meatballs). I'm also starting to make lists for what needs to be done, what needs to be packed and and and ... to get ready to leave for DD#2's home to babysit our dear grandchildren while she is in the hospital with #3. We will only get to stay a week but hope to help her as much as I can while we are there. This little one will be our 2nd granddaughter and we have 3 grandsons. What a miracle these little ones are! My tea is almost gone, so need to quickly read other posts and then get started with the day. Have a great day everyone!

The LIVE radio play "Merry Christmas George Bailey" was THE BEST!

Now if you know the story of 'it's a wonderful life' then you will like this part.

We get into town and it LOOKS like Bedford Falls and it had snowed during the day so all the stores were decked out for Christmas looking so pretty and as we walked to the old 'Bejou Theater' it was like steping back in time. We got there earily and got to see the 'actors' coming across the street from the 'warmup' shop to the theater enterance to start getting ready. Well seing they were all dressed in period clothes - you just could imagine it being back in time like that.

Then they let us in earily (cold outside) so we got to talk to a few and 'see' upclose the sound effects table (Michael was in Heaven as this was one thing he used to do years ago in his OTHER life).

THEN just before the 'radio play' starts it begins snowing realy hard outside that we all could see through the doors and windows. They start the play with safey stuff like in case of _______ use front doors, NO smoking, when you see the applause sign light up..... CLAP LOAD! then she added " oh, by the way do you like the special effects of the snow storm just for you to enjoy during the play".We all had a good laugh over that. After the play was done went out to find 6 MORE inches of snow on van! Had a very SLOW ride home in dark but got here safe and sound (had packed extra blankets and stuff just in case?).

WOW! what a night we had.

Archived