MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

15 days to Christmas

Dee

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Wow, just a little over 2 weeks and Christmas will be upon us. I can't believe how quick it's coming this year.

Our weather is nicer today, sunny with a high of 36. Will seem like a heat wave. How's it going for all of you east of us? Moderating any?????

I'm babysitting the grands today so it'll be a fun and busy day.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though. He will not see me stopping here to watch his woods fill up with snow.

"Robert Frost" 1874-1963

We LOVE this time of year!

Got everything done that needed it and now we can sit back and enjoy the Holidays.

Having fun during the week doing crafts and listening to old time radio show at night or playing old 78 Christmas songs on our victoria (very old hand crank phonograph)Lots of 'one day road trips' on weekends around the area to see places that are "Doing Christmas" as we call it. You know big Holiday displays (like at one Library they have Santa and dollhouse, at Train shop they have .......well Trains, at art council they also have dollhouse set up for the holidays and things like that - Mostly free and we like that) and this weekend is "Bedford Falls" and all that goes with It’s a wonderful Life'. Finally get to go and take that 2 hour train ride and seeing it snowed it will be beautiful along the way as we travel back into woods and along the lake.

Talking walks in the snow is very pretty as well and also good exercise seeing it is deep in spots. Had to hike in to visit some Amish and the horses were out in the field just 'play' in the snow. Big draft horses all around us and when they breathe you can see their breath and the ponding of hoofs are fresh crunching snow. Man it doesn’t get any better than that.

:AmishMichael2:

Archived