MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Homemade Magic Chocolate Ice Cream

I made it last week for my dad and it really came out just like the photo. I was amazed at how wonderful it was -- even for a non-chocolate lover like me. :) I'm going to experiment and hopefully come up with a strawberry or blueberry version. Not sure what to use to sub out the instant coffee or espresso powder for a berry version. I found a fabulous place that offers organic fruit powder: http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Fruit-Powders

See the attached image for the ice cream recipe. Enjoy!!

Sorry, gals. I realized I cut out the actual "how to" instructions.

Here they are:

Melt chocolate base - Combine coffee (or espresso) powder and hot water in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and coffee mixture in bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in vanilla and salt. Let cool.

Mix and freeze - With electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to soft peaks, about 2 minutes (took me about 7 - lol). Whisk 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated. Freeze in airtight container until firm, at least 6 hours or up to 2 weeks. Serve.

We tested it after a couple hours and it was perfect!

post-30-085599700 1300641585_thumb.jpg

Archived