MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Weather

Nichole

I LOVE fall weather! Something about it makes me giddy inside. :) I cannot wait to finish the homework I should be doing right now...and get outside and ride my horse!

So I was talking to DH this morning about solar storms and EMP attacks and I was SO surprised the way we were able to just sit and talk about it. I didn't feel like I was a crazy prepper, like I sometimes do. He was really taking these situations seriously. He was saying that we need to keep the couple generators that my dad was going to get rid of and get a big gas tank to keep on hand. He actually said "I actually kinda hope something like that would happen, just so we could survive." LOL I'm thinking, no no no, not yet! I'm not that prepared yet! Give me a few more years!

I even felt comfortable telling him about the GHB's that I am planning to make for us. He has been supportive, but not as supportive as my mom. This felt like a huge breakthrough! I think I am going to get him involved in making the GHB's and suggest to him that he learns more about the EMP and solar storm threats. He was asking a lot of questions, but I didn't know the answers to all of them. I feel like right before we got married, I had him 50% on board, and now we're all the way up to 75%. :)

Nice job! It is always a good thing when you can get them to listen without their eyes glazing over and their heads tipping to the side, skeptically!

We don't talk a whole lot about stuf like that in our house. We do seem to have a pretty good understanding about it though. I do most of the prepping and hubby has most of the fix it skills. He rarely questions me about the things that I stock up on.

Archived