MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

busy week

Carie

I got a message from our lawyer on Wednesday saying that he had finally filed our case. Yippee! In the scheme of things with our housing situation it doesn't really help any but at least for once something is happening the way we wanted it to. Now if we can just get the house we are praying for we would be good to go.

Anyway, I've been knitting like a crazy person lately. I'm making my mil a shawl for Christmas. I wish there were more hours in the day!

We are having an old fashioned sunday at our church next month. I knew that some wanted to plan it but they hadn't set a date so I hadn't considered our outfits. LOL All the boys are just going to wear jeans and shirts. They don't want anything special and honestly, I'm not going to have time to make them anything. I was wanting Little House on the Praire style dresses for Abby and I. I found patterns on Folkwear and ordered one for Abby. Then I got frugal and decided that I would make myself a "civil war era" dress that I have the pattern for in my stash. I got the instructions out this morning and I don't think that there is anyway that I can get it done.....it calls for pleating and boning, neither of which I have ever done before and I refuse to try to make a corset so I worry about the fit. I may have to break down and order the matching women's pattern off folkwear. Does anyone have any experience in this kind of thing? Nothing like waiting till the last minute!!!!!

Today is our local town's homecoming. So we are going to the parade this afternoon and football game tonight. I hope the wind quits blowing. It is fierce out there!!!!!!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Blessings,

Carie

That is so neat to have an old fashioned Sunday! The church we went to before I met my DH was a little one out in the country with no more than 15 people attending. Half of that was our family. I have no experience in sewing or anything like that though! That's DH's area... lol

Archived