MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Headed to South Dakota

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much because the transmission went out on the van and it took time to get it out and rebuilt but God took care of all the details as He always does! We leave for SD tomorrow with a new trans., new u-joints(whatever they are) and a new rear main seal. I feel like we've been here about a month too long as it's been real hot.

Way too many insects here, too. Killed a small tarantula on the van the other day, large centipede in the shower, and have seen several scorpions. The cute thing (and thats using the term cute loosely) was a small herd-6 to 10- of baby granddaddy longleg spiders heading down my walking path.

I'll miss my line dancing class. Now that I'm getting the steps I'll have plenty of time to forget them.

I wonder where we'll stop. We were headed for New Mexico when we stopped in Texas. There are places in Nebraska and North Dakota that look good so we'll see where God stops us. It's fun learning to really listen to Him!

I look forward to hearing from everyone or anyone. I'll stop at libraries along the way when possible.

I actually got to do some photos for the local animal shelter where i volunteer. It was during a fundraiser and it was fun and they turned out well. I have 4 rolls of film and 1 roll of slides to develop. I hope to work on a ranch cooking for people or taking care of animals but I'll take what I can! If anyone has a suggestion I'm sure I'll be open. I'll let you know when I get somewhere in case anyone lives nearby.

Thanks for listening Miki

Your Best Days are Ahead!

Hi Ya Snappie!

IT's about time you checked in!

SO .....it looks like your throwing a dart on the map and seein where it lands.....well that's fun!

SO glad you were not in the middle of nowhere when your van decided to loose it's transmission and stuffffff.....goooood thing!

Have a safe journey and check back when you can.

smoooochies,

deb

Guest Guest

Hi Miki......sounds like fun travels. If you are looking to work on a ranch, or something like that, take a look at the Caretaker Gazette. They have caretaking jobs doing just about anything you want to do, and anywhere you want to do it. Only catch is that you have to subscribe.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/caretaker/

Let me know if you make it out to Utah.

Have a fun summer.