MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A great find for some people I know

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have letters like that? I have one that my Daddy wrote to my Mama about six months after they got married... he sure did love her!! I don't even have pictures of my Daddy's parents or grandparents. Some people don't realize how fortunate they are.

I've noticed that there are not too many at MrsSurvival that are seriously searching for their ancestors. Y'all, don't wait too late!!! When Mama and Daddy are gone you'll wish that you had asked questions... I know, I did. Now there's nobody left to ask. Take care...

Don't ever give up on finding pictures. I recently hooked up with my grandfather's brother's great granddaughter through a message board. In other words my Grandpa and her great grandpa were brothers. She had 1 picture of my ever elusive great Grandma. She e-mailed it to me. I am just thrilled to have it. Now I can share it with my Aunt who lost all her stuff in a flooded basement. In exchange I told her a few stories about her Grandpa who grew up with my Mother. They were very close as kids so I had some doozies to tell her!