MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Martha Stewart

it's been reported over here that she has been involved in insider share dealing and has been charged with fraud. She may face a jail sentence. Any Martha fans out there?

Guest Guest

I've been reading about it on CNN...it'll be interesting to follow this and see what happens. I'm not a fan, although I enjoy some of her ideas. I doubt she finds these charges against to be a 'good thing'.

Guest Guest

Hi lowie, I'm not for or against Martha, but don't really watch her on tv, timing is wrong or I'm busy at the 'puter or out in the garden or working at my job. We recently had a made-for-tv movie about her (starring Meryl Streep) on our channels. I didn't watch that either! I heard on National Public Radio today that she's been indicted. I bet she gets off, though. Maybe a fine or something. I hope she isn't guilty. It will be an interesting story to follow. Sometimes notoriety is just as good advertising as the positive message kind, so if she's innocent maybe she won't suffer in the long run. seldiesg

I personally don't like the woman, never have and I don't think she's any better than anyone else when it comes to dumping stocks that are gonna go under the day before it is announced that the govt says no no no to a drug company that she has thousands of dollars in stock in. just my 2 cents mind ya.

WEll Gee.....i liked watching the ol broad .......like her shows and would like her magazine if it weren't for so many advertizements in it.

Looks like she's gotten herself in a real pickle now!

i enjoyed some of Martha Stewart idea's and used them. Myself i have found it quite smart of her to take the *housewife* out into the world and make a lot of bucks. Just doing what most would have kept at home. wheather she is quilty or not. I don't know . I just think it is amazing that a women can take a broom,apron,sauce pan and make lots of $$$'s that's just my 2 cents