MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Survival in California

ROBIE

Did you see the news about the survivalist that was out camping with his son in California? Apparently they got lost for two weeks, and NO ONE KNEW TO LOOK FOR THEM. (The biggest mistake people make when going out hiking/hunting or just outdoors! Tell someone where your going and when to expect you back and when to call for help if you don't show/contact!....rant over :soapbox: )

Eventually they were found, dehydrated, starving, and with an endangered California condor carcass at their camp. Of course they were hauled into court for killing an endangered species. HEY YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP. :banghead:

The court room was packed with survivalists and nature lovers and of course the press was there to cover it all. The father had a chance to speak and said "Your Honor, we were lost, starving, and I was watching my son literally waste away before my eyes. The condor was the first thing I found to shoot, and yes, I knew it was wrong. But it was the condor or my son... I'm sorry, but what would you do if it were your son?"

The judge stares at the prosecutor and asked him if he had any qualms about dropping the case considering the circumstances. Prosecutor looks around at the press focused on him, decides he doesn't want the bad publicity, and declines to prosecute.

The judge dismisses the case and raps his gavel. Then he said "Before I let you go, and I know this is kind of a morbid question, but what does a condor taste like?"

The father looks at him and says "Well it's kind of a curious mixture of bald eagle and baby seal." :o:faint3::shakinghead:

Robie :laughkick:

Archived