MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bluebird Nest

Jeepers

Darn, I just found another bird nest online. Okay, I have 6 on 'my favorites' bar now. Sigh.

I've never been into watching birds like this before. I have 2 Hawk, 2 Eagle, 1 Great Blue Heron and now a Bluebird nest. I don't know why I can't stop watching them.

But the Bluebird just hatched an egg. Looks like there are 3 more in there. On that site you can 'pop out' the video so it's just the video on the screen instead of the entire website. Just when I thought all the birds were getting ready to 'flew the coop' and I could get something else done...I find more eggs.

http://www.livestream.com/glenhambluebirds

All five (I think) hatched this evening. The momma helped them out of the egg. I didn't think they did that. She ate half of one of the shells and then took the other half away somewhere. While she was sitting on the nest, the pappa bought her food. Some of the bugs he gave her, she gave to the babies. Only a few hours old and they had their mouths wide open for some food. They aren't too cute yet but I'm sure they will be when they get some fuzz.

The eagles in Decorah are huge now. They should be flying soon I'd think. They flap their wings and hop around. Their balance is getting better too.

I'm easily entertained.

Archived