MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When you vote -

Cat

Triple-check if you feel like it.

Some states are already voting using machines. This has been reported...

Voter says machine cast vote for wrong candidate twice

by Matt Sczesny / News 4

KMOV.com

Posted on October 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Updated Friday, Oct 26 at 12:52 PM

ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KMOV.com) --

One voter tells News 4 an electronic voting machine at the St Louis County Board of Elections mistakenly cast a vote for President Barack Obama even though she voted for Mitt Romney.

Diana Neff says the voting glitch happened on October 10 during absentee voting.

She says she tried twice to touch the screen and vote for Romney but both times the machine indicated she was voting for Obama.

Neff says she called over a poll worker who told her, this happens sometimes, and he seemed to reset the machine. After that, Neff says she got to cast her vote correctly.

Elections Director Gary Fuhr says he’s not aware of any problems with the machines and poll workers haven’t said anything to him about it.

Fuhr says the county has about 1,800 electronic voting machines and they are all tested for accuracy and will be used on Election Day.

Similar problems have been reported with voting machines in North Carolina this week.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pick/Voter-says-voting-machine-casted-vote-for-wrong-candidate-twice-175900571.html?fb_action_ids=3812642764393&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%223812642764393%22%3A368751509876808}&action_type_map={%223812642764393%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map=[]

I'm NOT going to allow this thread to denigrate into a political PARTY discussion. (Moderators, help while I'm out, please? :) ) BOTH of the two major parties claim the other one CHEATS. This *one example* happened this way.

I'm just posting it so that YOU will be reminded to double-check your vote and make sure YOUR vote is correct.

:grouphug:

I have read about one of these instances. Bothers me that a poll worker said it happens "sometimes" but the guy in charge doesn't know anything about it. Shouldn't happen ever. So make sure you check that your vote is cast correctly and tell someone besides on site poll worker if you have problems.