MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introduction

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all I am Joan

I was invited to this forum by Darlene. Somehow she saw through my haze of life and saw how much I would like to join this group.

I live in Washington State and am a reference librarian at a small public library. I guess to discribe myself, it would be best to say that I am a simple living woman who uses high technology.

My 2 boys are grown and I am not happy at all abou this. I really was made to be out playing with the kids. I take my gifts with children seriously and have been a Guardian ad Litem in the court system, a respite care provider for foster children and I spend as much time as I can with the kids that I know, engaging them in hiking, camping and dogs.

What all of that does not fill my time I am an avid online Pinochle player. I think I have ADD cause I am always doing.

The image below is my husband and two dogs out hiking this spring. Art is the love of my life and the dogs my "babies".

Welcome to the family JoanN, great to see you here. There is some cheesecake and cherry topping in the fridge, and I'm sure we can find you a cool drink.

Have a seat on the porch swing and enjoy.

Guest Guest

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...*smile*

(((((((((((((joan)))))))))))))

We sure had a time trying to get you registered here...Thank you so much for your patience and understanding...

I just GOTTA tell ya about Joan...

From the first time I ever met her, I loved her yahoo id...miss_clicked...I thought it was SO CUTE...and as I would watch her chat with others I was impressed by her intelligence and class...

There came a time when I started to read posts that she would write at different places and was struck by her wisdom and ability to cut through all the smoke, and present things decently and simply. She has this uncanny ability to simplify confusion and conflict and I've always appreciated her efforts.

A few weeks ago when I decided to invite some of the ladies I've met from other areas of the internet, Joan was one of the first ones I thought of. I KNOW the women here at MrsSurvival...they're giving and helpful and willing to learn, and although we're not perfect, we all genuinely care. I look forward to her getting to know all of us in the days to come.

I feel so honored that she's joined us, and may she come to call this a home away from home, just as we all have.

*darlene hands joan one of her infamous cappuchinos with LOTS of whipped cream*

I'm so THRILLED you're here, chica...

*smile*

Guest Guest

Welcome to our home, Joan! I look forward to getting to know you! I really like your signature, and liked it even more when I found out it was a real photo! Nice!

Guest Guest

Welcome to the sunporch Joan. I have known Joan in ypino for about 4 years now and had the priviledge to meet her in person at a pinochle gathering in Oct 2000. She is a lovely lady with a lot to offer in a conversation. She's my lil prude that I love dearly and enjoy shocking periodically Of course, anyone who knows me, knows that I love to shock people for the entertainment value *giggles* Once again Joan, welcome to the group!!!

frost.gif

lips.gif

Guest Guest

Hi Joan, welcome to MrsS!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Hope you feel at home here and stay a long while. seldiesgirl

Guest Guest

I think the Pacific NW is one of the most beautiful areas on earth, especially where the forest hasn't been clearcut. By the way, where is Ellensburg? Coast? Desert? Mountains?

I'm so happy to have a librarian in this mix, don't know if we have other librarians since I myself am a relative newcomer too. While I lived in Portland, I worked at Blackwell North America and they gave low interest loans to any employee who wanted to get their masters in library science. So I have two or three friends who turned out to be librarians and no preconceived notions about what a librarian is like. Remind me to tell you the story sometime about the Crazy Lockhart Librarian...

Thanks for your wonderful comments. Ellensburg is smack dab in the exact middle of Washington State. There is even a marker in one of the buildings of Central Washington University, small U in our town, where the center of the state is.

I too think it is a beautiful state. I spend a lot of time outdoors walking my 2 beasts, so I get to see a lot of pretty places.

I love being a libraian, I hope to post some fun and interesting sites here for you all to enjoy.

Thanks again

Welcome Joan Glad you are joining us! My mom and my DH's family hail from WA. I live in IA currently, but we'd love to go home! Lots of librarians here, Dee is one too! I am seriously considering it as a career after my little ones have flown the nest. I spent my childhood with my nose in a book LOL.