MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

adoption

Is anyone out there an adoptive parent? I have been thinking strongly about looking into adopting a child. I have successfully raised a daughter and 2 sons but feel a need to continue parenting. I am single but involved with someone in a long-term relationship. Any advice?

Guest Guest

I am adoptive mother. Even though it was a private adoption (we met the birth mother and her family) we had a lot of legal issues. My daughter is now 22, married and living in Tampa, but she's still 'my baby' it's wonderful to be an adoptive mom! You can love the baby and you aren't as tired as a birth mother. Giggle

I am interested in adopting an older child, not a baby. Since I am a junior high teacher, I have a lot of experience dealing with older children. Besides, I don't really want to start changing diapers again at age 42!

I am not, but i have two Aunts that are, ..... And the kids are treated no differant in the family, they are treated just like the rest of the them.

i think it is great You go for it and keep us posted if you do or not and good luck.

I hated to post cuz i haven't adopted.......i just wanted to say.....i think that is a wonderful plan....you would make some child feel very loved and wanted........you've got lot's of Love to give.

I sure hope it all works out for ya Sandra!

Guest Guest

My Mom was adopted (as a baby)...I think what you are doing is great! Keep us posted!

Blebbie...I don't think you have to feel bad...(((((Blebbie)))))