MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Important for XP users

Guest Guest

I know many of you may have been nailed by the RPC security hole......you can close it by applying the patch for it from here RPC patch from Microsoft

simply click download and this should fix it for you...for those who have not done this and have XP please download this patch...it'll prevent future hacks into your system.

Hi all again...this is something many of you may need to do to get rid of the worm on your system.....you'll need to delete the APPLY then CLOSE! You'll need to restart the system and all will be well again. Hope many of you are spared this, but installing the patch will make sure you never get nailed in the first place. Safe Computing

all!

Too late for the patch I have that thing up here. Keeps shutting down puter. Can only be on line for about 10 minutes at a time. My iSP owner will be over tomarrow to try to get rid of it if I can't figure something out. HELP Diane

That shut down thing will keep a lot of people from being able to fix their systems....to alleviate this just run the following sequences which will extend the shut down timer from 1 minute to 60 minutes

Step 1...Go to windows restart options and then change the time from 1 minute to 60 minutes....click OK then click APPLY then OK close all the rest of the screens and then you will be able to apply the fixes mentioned in the previous posts without worrying about the system turning off.....be sure to turn off the internet access (disconnect your high speed access from the computer) before applying the patch then delete the files I mentioned or go to an Anti Virus web site and have them do the scan for you and delete the worm if it finds any. Hope this works for you.