MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Limited Power and no water

Dee

We keep having rolling blackouts so I will get the freebies posted as soon as I received them in my email. I was out of town yesterday in the Adirondack Mountains when the power went out. We made it home last night after 11 and most of the power was out and a curfew was enforced..in my area. Power is still out in some areas. We may be back on curfew tonight. I am posting this from Cappys computer at work as we are still without power on our side of town, so I am just waiting for the power to come back on to get the freebies for you all. Keep checking back during the day. The State Troopers were not going to let us travel back home last night but changed their minds after they saw our bus load of Seniors ( went on a bus trip with mom and sisters to the racetrack) start to get in a little vicious mood when told we might have to stay where we were because of the blackout up at Saratoga. Anyway I won big and came back with 1,800 dollars extra than when I had left, had a great time in the evening eating at the Springs Restaurant and hearing the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra at Saratoga Center for the Performing Arts in the evening. Its was a fun day

Ya done good on the winning g/f ! Glad you and mom got home safely. Power was out here for a little while, and most of the countys around us were still out as of this morning. Northern NJ was declared to be in a state of emergency where I live . Trains still arent running in our area so alot of NJ's are still stuck in NYC today. Hope they all make it home soon.

Glad to hear that you are alright, reci, heard about the rolling blackouts, our rural coop just shut things down here until it was stable enough to turn it back on.

Congradulations on your winnings, Saratogo, huh? You were not far from us.

LOL Lois... I felt bad for those horses running in the intense heat and humidity. I had never been to a racetrack before or bet for that matter. It was alot of fun but I can see where people can loose their shirts if they catch the bug. We are still having rolling blackouts. What a pain. How is it your Elmira Way. I heard you had a doozy of a blackout a day after the big one. We were in Owego saturday and shopping and a big storm came through and the power was knocked out throughout the whole town. It didn't take long for the lights to go out there. With the grid still being weak, the local gov is telling everyone to conserve on power along with NYSEG! Here goes our electric bills if NYSEG replaces their equipment! Well I better close before I blow a grid

You said Saratoga, I was thinking Tioga, which is closed now, it was in Elmira. We were not effected by the power outage, that occured the next day, our Rural coop, had shut down to protect our equipment, and powered back up after the grid was stabalized. There are many advantages to being rural, somtimes.

We had a small lounge across from Finger Lakes race track, and I know just what you are saying about some folks getting hooked on the betting...... It was fun to watch, and I loved to see them in the paddock, and to run, but I would save the $2 bills for my race track bets and just enjoyed watching the races. We knew some of the owners and a lot of the trainers.

There were more races run at the White Stallion Lounge, than at the track! LOL