MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Talk Weather

Guest Guest

Is it beginning to look and feel like fall in your neck of the woods? It's so fall acting here already that it's hard to believe. Some of the leaves are turning a bit. The crops are looking like fall is chasing them but hasn't really caught them yet. The flowers are going to seed and have that tired out look.

The feel in the air is what really gives it away. The cooler mornings and evenings are a delight. The days are shorter and the sun isn't up at 5:00 a.m. any longer. This is my favorite time of year although I'll admit I can't enjoy it 100% because I can't keep out of my mind what comes next!

How does it look where the rest of you live?

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous today! Fall is in the air! The leaves are just starting to turn a little bit. I keep watering all our flowers, hoping to keep them blooming awhile longer. The grass could sure use rain, but no rain means no mowing, and our mower is in the shop for repairs. It's hard to believe a week ago we had hot HOT days. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather they have!

Hey DEE........was'nt it just yesterday you posted asking if anyone is seeing fall COLORA ?

It was so cool here last night i had to shut all the windows and was tempted to put the heat on.

Today it's not as cool and muggy again....we're in between warm and cool air masses.....it can't seem to make up it's mind......

But things around here are starting to look sad.

No color change.

It is raining today but Sat. and Sunday were nice even if cool.

We are talking about getting plastic out to cover the garden if we should get an early frost, to give the plants a little more time to produce. Tomatoes are beginning to ripen and if we can give them a little more time should get a good crop.

We had to dig our garlic early to keep it from starting a new crop to early. Fall is in the air.

This is my very favourite time of year, when there is a perceptible change in the light; the harshness of high summer has gone, and the light is mellowing, especially in the morning - I love it. Some leaves have dropped, with the damson always being first of all. The leaves on the snake bark maple are turning colour and some have fallen already. Looking forward to when the trees we planted are big enough to produce enough leaves to make leaf mould for the garden! It's definitely cooler here too, which suits me better than the hot weather - I can get more done. I like all the season as each one has its own special things to offer.