MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What do you hear....

Guest Guest

first thing in the morning? And what is your favorite thing to hear first thing?

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I heard was traffic. We live near a major highway, and I gotta say that it really annoys me to hear traffic instead of nature...*sigh*...maybe some day....

BUT, sometimes, the first thing I hear is my sweet little girl calling "Hi, Mommy....Hi, Daddy"....she'll do that for half an hour if we let her....or she'll sing Jesus loves me, her abc's or something I have never heard before, something she made up herself...that for sure is my favorite!

So what do you love hearing in the morning???

Weekdays at 5:45 am, I absolutely hate to hear my alarm clock blasting me out of sleep-filled bliss....but most Saturdays, I love to lounge as long as I am able and hear our little Napoleon (sebright banty rooster) crowing like crazy from the chicken coop. He just does not understand that we humans need to have laid back morning every once in awhile

First thing in the morning when I wake up, I really don't hear a thing. DH is very quiet when he gets going in the mornings. We live along a quiet, gravel road in the country. When I go out for my walk each morning, I can hear birds. This time of year, the hum of farm machinery can be heard in the distance. Is this heaven or what??!

What a dream Mary..............

I honestly woke up to the loud clang/bangs of a huge dumpster being picked up and emptied.....put back down.......hahahaaaaaa .......my neighbor on the side of my bedroom is a big doctors office building.......on the other side that neighbor has a big dumpster cuz they are ripping down the front and repairing the front of his house after that truck ran into it.....(remember that....took a while...it's getting fixed now).......anyhew.....no chirping birdies for me.

Often I hear only silence. I'll usually hear the birds singing, the wind blowing, or a rooster crow here and there once I'm up and moving around. On most nice days, I'll take my coffee out on the patio and either sit and watch nature at work, or walk around to see if I can spot any deer, turkey, rabbits, etc. We are very blessed not to be living in the city.

It's usually quite quiet here early in the morning, apart from the birdsong. I hear Mr Lowie stirring to go to work, and the shipping forecast on the radio, followed by the farming news. I hear the children stirring in their sleep sometimes getting up early; I hear the cockerels going too, sometimes;I hear the delivery vans for the pub opposite - veg, milk, brewery etc. These noises are now familiar, so quite often I can sleep through them, apart from the children stirring.