MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

HapyGirl

We also had a lovely Thanksgiving! I cooked for 2 days to prepare. We had no guests but it was really nice. The table was decorated very prettily. The food was in mounds! All 4 of us were happy, healthy, and feeling blessed. I actually have leftovers!!Yay!!! (With 2 boys ages 16 and 12 in the house this doesn't happen often. hehehehehe) I hope everyone had a blessed day, too!!!!

mommafitz

We'd celebrated Thanksgiving last Sunday with family. Yesterday, we had a quiet day (also my birthday) with dear old friends in Wisconsin. They were so thrilled to take our dog last year when we decided to head to the mission field. I could tell that my collie, Bandit, had settled right into the farm life, and loved and protected his new family just like he had to us for so many wonderful years.

We walked and talked in the woods with my dear girlfriend of 27 years. We talked of yesteryears while at the same time teaching her little grandson how to glean corn out of freshly picked cornfields.

I looked into the eyes of that little boy and remembered holding his father in my arms at that age. I winked at my friend the grandmother and told her that this was the best Thanksgiving I could ever remember.

Wonderfully blessed thanksgiving here also.

Children 2, grandchildren 6 and great grandchildren 2 of them were here. This year daughter and daughter in law took charge of planning and serving dinner. I made the roast chicken, dressing, gravy and 2 lemon merangue pies they did the rest. They did a great job. Had a good time with the children as always. (and of course we have leftovers)