MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

why I like the coountry...

Linda

there are many reasons why... but today when I went up to the little store to pick some something to drink and some pepto- and had it sitting on the counter waiting for the guy ahead of me. to get done . After he left the gal behind the counter told me he had paid for everything, and asked her not to tell me till he left. I thought that was nice of him, but somewhat embarassed too. I don't know his name and he doesn't know mine we just talk at the store when we see one another. and he lives in the area too. Maybe he felt sorry for me sniffing there i have a cold coming on. Or that was SANTA

Theyd, that certainly was a nice fellow!

I live in a small community too. Our town in recent years is growing. Super Walmart opens in about a month. As much as I want the conveniences of being able to shop more economically, I hope we still keep our small town flavor that I have grown to love and appreciate as home! People really care about one another in a small town.

I live in a very small viallage in a rural/agricultural are in arguably the most beautiful county in England. Although we have a road that runs throught the centre of the village, when you turn down the lanes, it's as if you have stepped back in time. The hedgerows at the sides of the lanes and the trees and dykes and ditches have been there for hundreds of years. I often wonder at the people who have trodden the same paths before me (albeit withouth the tarmac!). One of the best features of the British countryside is its timelessness.

Isn't it nice when people really care I love small towns too. Even though this one feels bigger than Fairfield was, it's really about the same size without the tourists. My son's new Dr turned out to be my other son's cub scout leader LOL. Small towns are great! I already feel like I'm at home here.

Country living is nice, but 'city people' can be helpful too. My neighbors have 'rallied' around me to help me with transportation, shopping, cleaning, and all that stuff for months. Christmas lasts all year when you have neighbors like that.