MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Year's Eve

Guest Guest

Do you realize we're actually starting year 5 of these 2000's? How fast they've gone. It doesn't seem that long since we were all talking Y2K does it????

Anyway, we're taking off for Des Moines this afternoon to enjoy tonight with some relatives. Hope I can make it til midnight, I generally don't!

Happy New Year!!!

My hubby doesn't have to work tonight so we are staying home with the boys and doing homemade pizza, wings, and movies! I sure hope I don't fall asleep on the couch before midnight!!

You folks that will be traveling to visit and party, PLEASE be careful. Drunk driving really gets my goat and you know there will be drunks on the road.

Happy New Year!!!!!

mommafitz

We'll be staying home, too. Each year I wonder how much longer until the teens will decides to be elsewhere.

"Little Smokies" in sauce, dried beef cheese ball & crackers, chips & dip, maybe crab rangoons... just an evening of junk foods & movies.

Happy New Year's Everyone! It seems like just a short time ago we were talking about lovely fall days, and now we're talking about the New Year rolling in. I hope the New Year brings joy, peace, and good health to all of you!

I've stayed home on NYE every year since I went to a NYE party at a Hilton hotel, and the fire alarm went off at 2:30 AM. The panic of so many people trying to get down the stairs, 6 flights for me, convinced me that being at home was more fun.

I'm making a Chicken Terrine and Brie en Croute, recipes courtesy of Paula Deen from Food Network, shrimp cocktails, cheesecake bites.....and darn....I went to Sam's Club, and they were handing out all these wonderful tasting things that we didn't need, but oh well, it is NYE! We'll munch on some of those things over the weekend.

CM works late, as usual, so it'll be just me and the dog. If it's not too cold, I like to go sit on the front porch with the pooch and a drink, and watch the goings on in the neighborhood. Hopefully I'll make it to midnight as I want to see Shoshawna Johnson drop the ball in Times Square.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all, and if you are driving, please watch out for the other guy, and be safe.