MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Plans didn't work out

Well, you know how plans change, they sure did around here. Due to the weather, the kids decided to wait until this morning to come up. Then, it was snowing so hard down there, that they/she thought it best to wait until a different time. So, once again, they are putting it off. Our son said to me this morning, that no matter what they WILL be up on Friday, as they both have Saturday off. Now, lets see what happens.

Snow, I'm so sorry for all this. I can guarantee those kids are missing you right now. That's the great thing about grandparents....they're able to give so much love because they're not distracted by anything else. Parents often get wrapped up in the problems in their relationship, grandparents don't have that mess going on......they've either been there done that or figured out what's important a long time ago.

Never believe for an instant your love isn't a permanent and lasting benefit to those kids. Even when they can't be with you, the love that you've shown them helps them get through the chaos of living in an alcoholic household.