MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My first post

Guest Guest

Hi. I have been lurking in Mrs. Survival for sometime, although a bit irregularly. I finally decided to register even though I don't have much time to spend reading posts. I just miss the "old days" when I used to contribute to a really great Y2K forum. Unfortunately, it folded after the turnover. The information was sound and helpful, plus the people who posted were down-to-earth, rational, interesting people--just like Mrs. Survival.

My interest in simplified living, homemaking skills, and even preparation have not decreased over time. Sometimes I have questions which I am sure will find answers among this group of talented and knowledgable people.

You all seem to have so much fun. I have a little trouble being "in on the joke" in many cases, but it is cute how spontaneous you all are with each other.

I hope to be able to contribute something to this "family" and I know you will all bless me in many ways.

Patty

Welcome to the "family" Patty. It's really great to meet you. Sit over here on the swing, and get comfy, what would you like,

Ice tea, or lemonade? There is also a platter of fresh garden veggie and dip.

Some one is sure to bring some cheesecake soon.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Hi Patty, welcome to Mrs. S. I just popped some popcorn with lots of butter and is it ever good. Help yourself! There will be plenty of folks to welcome you soon so just sit back and relax while you wait for them.

------------------

dee.jpg

Patty,

you are not alone, I dont' get most of the private jokes either *shrug* I guess I am slow. I was here at the conception of MsS, left and now I am back.

You have questions...post away...I am sure I can come up with some silly not-so-insightful answer! But then I am honored to take up residence as the 'resident wino'!

westbrook toasts your homecoming with a bottle of Chardonnay 1998. Welcome back!

Hi Patty wavey.gif

Welcome!!!!!

Gosh i'm sure we can learn alot from you too!

I apologize if any of my posts make you or anyone else feel left out. I hate that feeling! So if i can help let me know okay?

I'm so glad you joined in.

This place is like a painting.....the more colors that are added the more beautiful it becomes!( i know....cornie...but true)

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am new here too, but if you read my posts i am the big mouthed one of the bunch. I just don't know when to keep my big mouth shut. LOL

Hill

Hi Patty,

Glad you decided to join in. Debbielee is right, the more who join in, the better it gets! Everyone has something to offer.

It is a shame when we underestimate our own wealth of insight and information, thinking no one will be interested in "what I have to say." You may be the one who really encourages someone through a difficult time.

So post away and don't be bashful! Oh, and pass that bowl of popcorn. Would you like a coke or dr.pepper to wash it down with? We got some that are iceycold!

wavey.gif

Hi Patty, welcome.

I think you will like it here, for me it is a great place to be first thing in the morning with my coffee. I read the news and then read what's new here.

Watch out of Beb (ak. Debbielee she gets into a lot of trouble here) http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif[/

Post often and before you know it you will be a regular and getting into as much trouble as everyone else.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Thank you to all of you for your friendly responses. This will be a pleasant place to spend some time. I'll try to check in often. All those "virtual goodies" sound awfully tasty. Especially the ice cold drinks. If America were a house, southern Arizona would be the furnace!