MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Battle Rages On........................7-24

Darlene

Thought we might want to start a daily thread...

Tuna salad with bed of Romaine lettuce and the everpresent cranberries-yummmm!

Two hamburgers sans bun from Jack in the Box.

(I like to get the Jumbo Jack-cause it has lettuce & tomato- and the big cheeseburger-cause it has cheese wink.gif- and combine them into one BIG burger- cause they're only 99c each, and it's a real cheap way to get a "specialty" burger. I throw away half the bun from each burger before I smush them together, then peel away the burger bun as I munch it down!!! grin.gif

Dinner???? Don't know yet. smile.gif

netexercise-small.gif

------------------

me2.jpgmidnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Cranberries are lo-carb??? Tell me more smile.gif

I did really well today. Breakfast; 2 eggs scrambled with pepperjack cheese and a cup of coffee. 3 bottles of water and unlimited ice tea. For lunch; I had 4 chicken nuggets and a chicken ceasar salad at McDonalds.

I went grocery shopping and picked up all kinds of good proteins and fresh veggies for my diet. I also went to our local coffee shop and bought several kinds of flavored coffee= amaretto,hazelnut and almond joy. I also picked up a large bottle of hazelnut sugar free syrup and a pint of half and half. I feel like I am indulging smile.gif

Today for dinner; I had a slice of provolone cheese and sliced turkey breast. Also a very delicious dessert-like cup of coffee!I may go back for another one before bedtime.

Not at all hungry and feeling not too bad tonight.

Blessings all! Keep up the good work smile.gif

To coin a phrase that Dee K uses to encourage us. "Hip, hip away!!"

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

Hey Gang! It was a good day!

We were out of town this evening, so I have eaten supper toooooo late this evening ...but other than that I'm doing fine!

I have to find a way to guard my Jello!!!! Day before yesterday, I made FOUR packs, that's 8 cups of Jello, and I got a grand total of 3 bites!!! Oh well, I'll get them!! :-)

Missed walking today! Will go tomorrow for sure! Where's everyone else?

Westbrook, are you here? Some of you other Atkins pros.....let us share your victories!!! Hugs all around.....

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

*darlene puts tape over her mouth so she doesn't tell all she ate wrong yesterday...*

BUT!

I DID exercise!

I went rollar blading with my son in the park...haven't done that in a while...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

com'on in Darlene!! The water's fine!!!

Low-carb isn't that bad, once you're used to it! Everyone agrees the first few days are hard, while you're "withdrawing" from Sugar and starch....but after that it's a whole lot easier than any other plan that I know of!

Lossing weight without being hungry....what could be better than that?!

Where's Ginger, Pheonix, Deblyn, and others whose names I know I'm forgetting.....Forgive me, I'm afaid to go search for the right names.....cuz' every time I try and put my message on the bottom......I lose it and have to start all over..............Anyway....you know who I mean, or you wouldn't be reading this post!!!

I'm anxious to see who's doin' what! Don't be afraid to post, if you didn't make it through day's 1 and 2 without carbs.....Sometimes it takes me three or four attempts to get started. We've all been there.

One thing that has been tried is eating low-carb for Breakfast, and Lunch.....then have a regular Supper, until you get the courage up to omit the carbs from Supper too! Just a thought....

Hip Hip Away...I walked again today!!!!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

It's "dee" again!!!

PJ and GooseLiver....I knew there were a couple of important characters I left out....I love your suggestions PJ....I still have to get some ToFu so I can have Maltomeal!!!

Did anyone try to "mock Mashed potatoes"?

They really are amazingly good!

Endulge candy bars are wonderful....expensive (.94) per bar in the Pharmacy at Walmart.....but they're as good as any Hershey Bar!! Honest!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

Yes the caulitaters are good. And if you steam your cauliflower without water til tender, and use your food processor just til it is in small (pea size) pieces, then mix with mayo, mustard and flavorings....you have mock poptato salad! It's just like the real thing, if you use the same condiments and seasonings. Of course throw in some egg slices! And pickles!

I'm here and doing great!! Its been 3 days without sugar or carbs and I feel wonderful.

No more bloated gassy feeling. And you are right, absolutely no hunger!

Tonight at Bible Study, the ladies asked if I had lost weight? That my face was thinner and what was my secret?? These are the same ladies I see every Thursday evening and they noticed a sudden change?? I am beaming.

Next week I will try to consistantly excercise other than working smile.gif

So are cranberries lo carb or what??

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooops! I put the reply about the cranberries in another thread! shocked.gif

They're not exactly low carb, but they are one fruit that I allow myself. I use the slightly sweetened craisin type that I can buy in bulk at Winco. These are still tart, but edible!!! I think the "packaged" ones are higher in sugar.

------------------

me2.jpgmidnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Guest Guest

Concerning Cranberries....There are some things that are worth the carbs.....For Mid.Mom it seems to be cranberries....for me right now I think it must be the tiny tomatoes in my garden!!! I know they are not the best, but I can't help it!!! ;-)

Tomato 1 (about 4 oz.), raw; 5.7 gm carb; 1.6gm fiber

Cranberries 1/2 cup;6.0 gm carb; 2.0 gm fiber

http://www.atkinsfriends.com/carbcounter.shtml

This link is for the LowCarb Friends site, there is a carb counter for everything imaginable; also tells the fiber grams (which we can subtract from the total, as they are not digested by the body)

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

This has been working for me too! I have tried it before and should have continued. I have been not so strict - so no ketosis. But, I have not been hungry and have lost a few pounds. Yippee. I was having fun by adding raw sunflower seeds and flax seeds to unflavored yogurt and then some whipped cream on top!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamburger for b-fast (no bun)

Steak for lunch and dinner.

Salads and yogurt snacks (as above).

Hard on the budget but I love to eat this way anyway...........

Let's hang in there and keep on loosing!!