MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need a little help...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone have a week's worth of meal plan suggestions? Taking into consideration I live in the maritimes(Avacados cost 1.00$ here!)and that I'm poor.

I need to follow a plan to help my willpower. No choices are good choices for me. I can always find the exception or excuse for 'just one more', 'just one more bite', "just one more large pizza with hot italian sausage, black olives and hot banana peppers..."Excuse me...ah...there is somewhere I've gotta go...teehee!

Seriously though,any meal plans floating in cyberspace?

Guest Guest

Using your sausage, black olives, peppers, onions or whatever....make a MOCK PIZZA! Fry all that stuff up, scramble a couple of eggs and pour over the lot.....top with your favorite cheeses and COVER skillet; turn down the heat and let everything melt together, and slightly brown on the bottom!!! Remove from heat and uncover and let cool a bit....you will ALMOST be able to pick it up like a SLICE of PIZZA....even if you can't, depending on the amount and kinds of seasoning you added to the pot it can really soothe the "Pizza Monster" for awhile!!! I tried the Atkins Pizza Dough...but it really wasn't worth the trouble, and I just went back to my "crustless" meat/cheese/egg concoction!!! Enjoy!

Hot soup with turkey, broth, green beans, minced onion, celery, and cabbage (with italian seasonings) is good too!

ground beef, onions and cheese is one of my favorites.....but I'm not supposed to have all these cheese dishes right now!!!

When all else fails I go back to roasting a whole turkey and eat that til I'm sick of it!!!

Diet jello isn't too expensive; you can make your own using unflavored gelatin and koolaid/sweetner to taste! It takes a bit of practice, but it can be done!

Good luck all! Just some ideas.... Luv ya!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

What I am trying to do is plan meals for the week with 1 fish, 2 beef, 2 chicken, and 2 beans or soup. This next week I hope to do the following:

Sunday: Chicken (either on the BBQ or baked), with lots of veggies.

Monday: Steak, with a salad, and red potato's

Tuesday: Chili with no meat and Veggies.

Wednesday: Chicken Fajitas. (Marinate chicken breast in lime juice, small amount of olive oil, pepper and crushed garlic overnight...cut in slices and either BBQ or do on the stovetop and add onions, green and red peppers). I usually serve this with corn tortilla's and a little bit of beans.

Thursday: Spaghetti - We are on a diet where we can't have white flour, wheat, etc. right now. So, I checked with the doctor and they said Spelt Pasta is okay (of course in moderation 1/2 - 3/4 cup). Sometimes health food stores carry it but I purchased it online. We have a nice salad with this as well.

Friday: Salmon (for my hubby) and Salad for both of us. (I don't care for Salmon much). Maybe some brown rice too!

Saturday: Vegetable soup or something like it. I made some Oatflour muffins the other day that we could have 1 to go with it. I probably would have beans in the soup for protein.

I hope that helps give some ideas. We just bought a freezer for the garage and have stocked up on free-range beef and some free range chicken. So, to make it all stretch that is why I set how many times a week we would have it. It is kind of expensive, so I am starting to have more beans, etc. to make up other meals.

We are trying to lose weight as well as just be healthy in our eating. We have cut out caffeine, sugar, white flour products, wheat (my hubby is sensitive to it) and dairy. So, sometimes it is challenging. When I read your posts with cheese, my mouth starts to water. We haven't found a good soy cheese to supplement our diet once in a while yet. smile.gif