MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday ... Father's Day

morning .. Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there...

Today I might get to bring home DH. They give him another unit of blood yesterday and if his blood count is up to 10 the good doc will let him come home. Praying so.

Maxine (my dog?) has been igoring me, and walks away when I go to pet her. I thinks she missed DH; and figures I had something to do with him being gone. So yesterday brought something of his home for her to sniff. She is happier now.

have a blessed day ....

Good morning

I am so glad to see some fog this morning which means we're cooler this morning. We've been in the 80s several days during the past week which is unusual and hot for us.

My cats are delighted this morning that there is no one here but DH, me and DS#2. I guess they aren't around kids and were horrified having two in the house. Also for some reason Bobbi was scared to death of Mom's cane.

Mom's visit was great. We rented a wheelchair because her knee/hip are bothering her so much right now. She usually gets a shot that helps but this one only helped a few days. Sitting in the car for a long time makes it worse. Anyway, she has resisted assistance like canes, walkers but she has lost her balance and fallen quite a few times and she just plain gets worn out walking so when we got to the fair grounds DH popped this wheelchair out of the trunk and she looked so relieved. She was able to go with us everywhere and had a good time. We had frikadiler (sp - meatballs), rye bread & butter and red cabbage then for dessert we had rice pudding (riesengrot) with fruit soup on top. Wonderful! We saw a Norweigen Fjord horse. The highlight was a guy (about 6'6") who dresses up as a troll who came up to Mom and asked "Have you been kissed by a troll? No? Well you will be now" so he plants a kiss on her cheek and then gives her a big button that says "I've been kissed by a troll". She'll have fun telling her friends about that.

Theyd: I do hope your DH comes home today.

Snowmom: Have fun visiting with your son and family today. I am not so great about planning ahead (father's day) either. I ended up getting DH a teeshirt when I was in town Friday.

Cat: Hope the air conditioner gets to working.

Have a nice day everyone.

There are so many posts up today that I can't remember what all I read....

Thyra, I sure DH gets to come home today... for you and the dog

Snowmom, sure sounds like you have been busy, have a great day with yor DS and family. baked placemats?

Cat hope the air conditioning is finished today. Your DD should have a great time as camp counsler.

Peacefulhome, sounds like your day at the fair was a good one, my Mom uses a wheelchair now when shopping, but a cane when at home.

Mommafitz, I usually buy store brand, except for mayonaise and peanut butter, around here thats a no, no. He has to have Hellmans and Jif.

You have a great day.