MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

carbohydrate addicts diet

CeeGee

Have you all ever heard of this diet? It's by Rachael Heller. I've been on it for 3 weeks with no desire to go off it. I've lost 6 pounds without exercising. You eat a low carb meal for breakfast and lunch, then start dinner with a salad and have whatever you want for dinner including dessert. You can't go nuts and are suppose to keep your meal proportionate but it's easier than thinking I've got to wait 2 months to have a piece of bread. Your bkfst and lunch have to be eaten within 15 minutes and dinner eaten within 60 minutes. It has something to do with releasing less insulin. Anyone diabetic should check with a doctor and anyone else should read the book, not just listen to me, but for me to stay on any diet for 3 weeks and still be ok with it is great! Maybe now that I'm on thyroid meds I'll lose easier.

Miki

I'm glad you found something you can live with. I couldn't do that diet cause any amount of carbs sends too much insulin racing around my system, and the insulin doesn't help the carbs get into the cells to be "burned" so it just does the other thing it does best-it turns the carbs into stored fat!!!!! I need a "ketogenic" diet to force my bod into burning fat for fuel instead of carbs, but I still have problems even making that work.! frown.gif Soooooooooooooooooo, I eat low carb cause I don't get "hungry" (hunger pangs), cause I don't get sleepy, and cause I don't get "zoned out" like carbs do to me.

BTW-be very sure that you keep the ratios that they recommend at the evening meal. And you're right about the insulin thing; it has something to do with avoiding a secondary release of insulin that takes place about 1 hour after ingesting food.

------------------

09_11flag.gifmidnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

I was on a low-carb diet years ago and have been a bit more careful of the carbs I put into my body this past week. I haven't weighted yet to see if it has done anything for me, but hope it has. smile.gif

The low carb diet is the only one I have been able to lose weight on.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif