MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Birthday Ideas

Synn

Good evening. Sunday my twins will celebrate their 14th birthday. I wasn't really sure where I should post this question. Can any of you give me ideas of some practical gifts for their age group? Also they are wanting to invite some friends over. We don't really have the money to feed all of them. How about suggestions on making lots of good fast food that they will all enjoy and not go home hungry. I told my kids to tell their friends not to bring gifts but maybe chips and soda. The more I think about it I am thinking that's not really fair. I think for the most part they don't care if their friends bring anything. Just them being here sharing their special day. I really appreciate everyone on here so very much. Keep the advice coming. I feel so much at home here.

Guest Guest

The other day my cousin made a 9X13 pan of something that was so good and cheap. She mixed uncooked pasta with a large jar of spaghetti sauce. Fills the jar with water and mixes it all together. Cooks 40 minutes covered at 350. Covered with Mozzella (sp) or Monterey Jack cheese and bakes uncovered another 10 mins. or so until cheese is slightly browned. It was SO good and no meat expense added to it.

I don't keep spaghetti noodles around. Because I prefer macaroni. So if that's what she used then I think I will try that. Thanks so much for the idea. Think I will try it on the hubby tonight. Although I don't have mozzerella cheese just shredded colby or something.

Guest Guest

Practical gifts...

boys or girls?

are these gifts for the kids coming or your children?

the type of food you serve ..boys or girls makes a difference - girls do dainty finger foods, boys do man size foods! With a cake, Ice Cream, chips and dip, soda or ice tea, little else is really needed. Do you have an ice cream maker? let the kids make the ice cream!

Games-again boys or girls? boys will want to watch some gorey movie or play sega or xbox kind of games, girls will want to watch "princess diary" (hey cat! I got it right! ) or similar. If you do a movie do popcorn!

by the time kids get to 14, games are for little kids! at least here on the west coast.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for my kids. I think they had a good time. The boys were allowed to go to town and rent a couple of "manly" movies. And the girls made a fire outside and they all had hotdogs and smores. One of their friends dad's provided the makings for the smores. My daughter was happy she had her chocolate fix. They all left around 10 pm. Now tomorrow Aunt, and grandparents come. I am fixing creamed chicken and biscuits for lunch as well as a salad and corn. Then we will have cake and ice cream. Sometime before the night is over I will have to pack my sons clothing and things for Church camp which starts Monday. Thank you all for the great ideas. Have a blessed Sunday morning.

Dawn