MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

wednesday allll day..

Afternoon everyone!

Dawn, I'm tired just reading your post from yesterday. Holy guacamole!

Today I haven't actually done much except play with my oldest daughter ont he computer. We use MSN messenger and play games together that way. She's getting pretty homesick, which is a good thing...I do hope she changes her mind and decides to come home early.

She was telling Mary that her dad doesn't trust her and won't let her go down to the park down the street. This really ticks me off. She's twelve, yanno? Let her go to the park! I think, because he's never really dealt with her at this age, that he's being overprotective rather than not trusting her, but I hope that common sense kind of comes through here.

On the other hand, her step mom bought her a spaghetti strap cocktail dress to wear to her formal this fall, to which I absolutely vetoed. It's black with lavender lace on it, plus the spaghetti straps-certainly not something she should be wearing at TWELVE. I told her if she could find a jacket to wear over it that would be OK, but having a lace covered chest and spaghetti straps is a bit too much umm...flesh, for her to be showing at her age.

Does it sound like I'm being unreasonable on any of these issues? LOL....she's too old for one thing and too young for another...although I think that is the same with a lot of issues when they are 12.

Anyway, I did put a brisket in to cook in the CP today, we'll have beef and gravy with it, which will become stroganoff, and then I'll freeze the rest for later meals. It sure is nice to have on hand. Last weekend it got real cold and I used the last of the one I cooked before in chili. Yummy! Also did quite a bit of laundry, stripped a bed (we got to sleep in a BED last night!!!) and cleaned out the fridge.

Oh, I forgot to tell you all I have been off my feet since late saturday night. I twisted my ankle really badly. It's so much better now, as long as I don't overdo it, but all day sunday I laid on the couch with it elevated. Was actually kind of nice to be waited on, LOL.

OK, off to do more in the kitchen!

Hi everyone. We, Pooh, Tigger and I went to the nursing home this morning and helped. We came home and had lunch.

Cat, I do hope things go well with your DD as well as your younger DD.

I think everyone is busy with something now and I know I for one don't ever get to read all the posts. I usually read some and post some, but never get to read everything.