MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lazy Sunday

Got up this morning read the newspapers, and then cooked abig breakfast. Did about 5 loads of laundry. Then spent the afternoon just lazing around watching the races on tv. and did not cook supper, we just nibbled all day.Me and dh did get to discussing things about the upcoming winter and I told him what my intentions were for preparing. I told him that I wanted to get up at least 6 weeks worth of laundry supplies, bath supplies, tissue paper, paper towels, cold and flu and stomach medications. He got all excited. I told him if nothing else we could always put these things on layaway. and should he be out of work for any length of time due to bad and cold weather this winter, we will be prepared and will not have to worry about household supplies. I printed us up a list and posted it on the refrigerator, and whenever one of us goes to walmart, we are to take the list with us, and then as we get each item stocked we mark it off the list..... He is anxious to get it started. It will be one last worry on his mind come the bad winter months.....

I have to say life gets easier when the kids grow up and the laundry lessens.

We had our church service and a picnic afterwards out at a lake this morning. It's 82 here right now but there's a breeze making it bearable. It was so much fun having potluck plus hamburgers or hotdogs and then be able to just sit and visit with folks.