MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is anyone else an Olympics Fan?

Guest Guest

I love the Olympics too. As a matter of fact, I'm watching them now as I'm here at the computer. Like you, I like the personal stories too and they have me almost in tears at times. Last night they were telling about the Ukranian(?) gymnast who was killed in a head on car accident and the team going on with their gymnastics. They showed his wife sitting there cheering the team on and it was just too sad.

There are fun stories too like the American swimmer, can't recall her name, and her teddy bear.

Oh yeah, the Speedos aren't bad either!

Not really but I have DH tell me when Michael Phelps is competing so I can watch him. We were watching some of the Monk marathon last night and flipping over to the Olympics. Curious that the women's volleyball wear skimpy little costumes.Hmmmm. Do the men wear bikini short things? Doubt it. It bothers me that some of the young girls look absolutely anorexic.

Me too, especially the equestrian events. Can't get enough of dressage. I also love to watch the swimming, diving, and gymnastics. Taped the Today show this morning as they were visiting the various islands. Such rich culture!

Did anyone else watch the opening ceremonies? AWESOME!