MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Dreary Sad Monday

Well it is wet and dreary here today, supposed to rain, got everyone off to school and work. While listening to the morning news this morning, I heard that a friend of mine and many many people passed away over night. He is a radio personality for the Chattanooga area. He had just left the wusy-101 to go to a Nashville station, which in itself was upsetting enough. The day isn't the same, not getting to hear bearman....Over the past year he had had a bout with colon cancer,went through the surgery, and everything was progressing nicely. Then overnight he passed away. When I used to do the night club scene, before I got married and had kids, this radio personality used to frequent this one night club, that you would find me and my buddies at every saturday night. We always lined dance with this man. He is going to be truly missed. IT is a very sad day in the Tennessee valley today. We love you David "Bearman" Hughes...

I am sorry that you lost a friend Today I can feel fall in the air. Our autums are wonderful and long here, some years we are still nice into November. I am excited for these cooler days when we can really be outdoors and working hard. The heat is just too unbearable to do much in.

With you being from Chattanooga, then you know what a great guy Bearman was. He won top morning show awards for 9 years in a row, he gave to many charities. He was just a really great person who touched the hearts of many, many people. Wusy-101 paid tribute to him today, with all the listeners calling in dedicating songs to him. They were all having a tough time speakings, especially his coworkers....