MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I finally got back on the horse again

Guest Guest

Some of you know that I was bit by a rattlesnake in June, Father's Day to be exact. I was climbing one of my favorite trails when it happened. I have not gone back again since, until today. It got hot here right after that and I wanted to be able to hike with my dogs on the trail. .... and.... to be honest... I was a little afraid.

But I did it, or half way today. It is quite a climb and I always have to work up to the full climb slowly. The full climb is 5 miles round trip and a 2000 elevation gain. It is not easy for this old gal, so to get back in shape I only did half today.

I did not see a single snake, so I am hopeful that this fall it will be my regular climb.

manastash_crop.jpg

This is a picture of the Manastash Ridge just south of us.

Joan, That's beautiful scenery. I don't blame you for taking a break from the snake place. Hopefully you can go a good, long while without seeing any - or how about forever? We met two dogs today who looked to be some kind of smaller lab mix and they were such friendly sweethearts but they hated bees and would leap into the air to snap at them to kill them. Good dogs!