MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is no one up and about this morning?????

Just got back from the kids school play. They are having the Accelerated Reader Kickoff today. Each class has picked a different country to represent. My 7 year old is doing France, my 10 year olds class is Studying Egypt.

So I had to do some sewing. (A seamstress I am not)... I had to make a beret for the younger ds and a egyptian pharoah costume for the older ds. Everyone had a fit over his costume, telling me how awesome it is. My dh's cousin is a reporter for our local paper, she made sure she got his picture, to put in the coverage of this event.

It was a really nice program, The class representing the USA was the last to perform. They lead the whole school in two songs, (the grand ole flag) and (america the beautiful). Then everyone bowed their heads in a moment of silence for our troops serving in Iraq. It brought tears to my eyes....

Now to the house work, I have an awful mess on my hands. But hopefully will not take long to get things back in order.

Watching and wondering what Jeanne is going to do.

Everybody have a good day.

Things don't always work out as you plan.

I wrote this on Thursday, but didn't get it posted.

Around 11:15 a.m. yesterday, we decided to find the bunk beds and put them up and take the full bed down so the boys and DS would all have their own beds in the same room, as there is a trundle bed with the set of bunks we have had for 38 years. We took them down about 20 years ago, or more and stored them, but not all in the same place.

I'm here late this afternoon.

I've been going to the pool with a friend on Monday and Friday and leave the house early to do that. We get in on half of an aerobics session taking place and then do another one for the hour after that. Then a short time in the hot tub. I've been using hand weights in the pool and can really feel it across my shoulders.

We started out very foggy this morning which burned off to a glorious day.

This afternoon I went down to a fall open house at a country type store - really just decorative although there are cookbooks, cute dish towels, etc.

Unikemom: I have fond memories of school programs from long ago.

Becca: What nice days for you, too, with the kids in school.

Snowmom: Good thing you saved those bunkbeds. We got our kids some when they were about 4 and 8. When it was together and made up we all got up on the top bunk and got the giggles because it was so fun being up there. Sounds like busy times for you, too.

The cousin I haven't met yet will be here tomorrow afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it.