MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Beautiful Sunday Morning

Good Morning everyone. The sun is shining here today. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day. I have lots to do, sometime today. This coming weekend I get my nieces and nephew for the weekend. It is an annual event for us. We do their Christmas shopping all in one weekend (opening deer season weekend). If there isn't going to be any active hunting, my hubby usually takes my nephew out to the blind for a bit. Nephew is young, but absolutely loves it. His parents aren't ready for him to hunt yet, though they don't mind him going to the blind. The girls and I will hit every shopping center around... hee hee. I can't wait.

Buttercup, the reason classes are on saturday is that most of the students work full time jobs. It is a program through one of our state universities. It is really great. We usually meet about 6-7 times and then the class is over, but it is an all day event when we do meet. It beats tying up a few months going every day or even a couple times a week.

Got up and put together a quick breakfast (I had made pancakes for breakfast on Saturday, so made an extra batch for today's breakfast.

While hubby watched the kids and his races, I went shopping and done some heavy duty stocking. Finished filling my meat freezer, It is absolutely full. I bought so many can goods that my pantry is over flowing, had to put some of the can goods in my bathroom cabinets ( we hardly use this bathroom except for grabbing a quick shower). But am pleased with my purchases, other than bread, milk and eggs we are stocked enough to run us at least 3 to 4 months.

Decided to go ahead and stock up really well this week, dh has not worked at all this week and only a couple of days the week before, their equipment has been down( had to have new transmission put in work truck and backhoe broke down all at the same time). Now dh is down in his back, but he is planning on going to work tomorrow. I told him his problem is he is not used to sitting around for days on end. He needs to get up and move around some