MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

frosty Monday morning

Linda

Wow, unike, I'm happy to be awake enough to type, have the kids fed, myself fed, and a bit of caffeine in my system. I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

Yesterday didn't quite turn out like we planned. We had a tire that was losing air, so DH put Fix a Flat in it...then we had our lovely little storm and everything froze hard, and the car sat for two days. We get in the car and head down the road and DH notices a little bump as we drive...not quite like a flat, but still not right. We pull over and there is a HUGE bulge in the tire that was losing air. We turn around, and stop at the little local market to get a few perishables that we needed for dinner, and then we headed home. I opened my car door to get out, and I hear "Pop...psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Talk about perfect timing! Boy was I thankful! DH was mad, cause we're trying to be as frugal as possible, but again, it's the little things...we weren't doing 75 on the highway...we weren't miles away from anything...we need tires anyway, we'll be driving to New Mexico to pick up oldest DD on the 2nd of Jan...we didn't have to pay to have the car towed...

With youngest DD's teeth getting pulled next week, I'd rather have waited, but it's OK.

Anyway, since we were home I got a bushel of apples put up...made apple pie filling and spiced apples. Got a few red delicious put in the dehydrator. I read everywhere that they don't cook well, but I made a delicious applesauce out of them, so will be doing that today. Also going to work on some Thanksgiving stuff today.

Talk to you soon!

Hi all. Well I'm back home for a short while. Got home yesterday and spent the entire day cleaning cat boxes and sweeping. Had a good time takeing care of mom so Dad could go hunting with DH. DH got a button buck but dad just had a good time. Didn't see many deer. The family is haveing lThanksgiving at dad and moms so i'll be going back up Wed to help get things ready. I tell you it's not easy typeing with a half grown kitten on your lap. She sure missed me while I was gone. I'll take her up with me this week. But since I was staying with mom had to leave her home. Now she won't leave me alone. t finish. Then meet DH for lunch. Have a great day all and if I get too busy a great Thanksgiving. Diane

It was a beautiful day here too. The sun was out all day, beautiful clear blue sky. Cold though. We keep hearing snow storm warnings....

Unikemon: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Mommyof5: I'm so thankful that nothing terrible happened to you. It could have been horrible.

I would love to come to chat, but 9:00 is usually past my bedtime (I have to get up about 4:30 a.m.), but if I'm up I might take a peek...

Hope everyone has a wonderful time in chat.