MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Morning

Good Morning Everyone. Haven't posted much (or even been in to look around) in a couple of days. Decided to bake goodies for my FIL for Christmas. He has such a sweet tooth and doesn't really need anything, so I baked five different types of cookies for him. I'm going to do a couple more batches today and then send them out. It is snowing here this morning. Estimates are for about 3 inches.

On a sadder note, last night at about 10 pm my hubby and I were watching tv and heard what sounded like fireworks, loud popping noise. Then we heard a big boom. Hubby looked out the window and our neighbors garage was fully engulfed in flames. Sparks were flying all over the neighborhood. He owns a carpet business so the booms were chemicals he had stored in the garage. The entire neighborhood went out to watch and we just stood there and watched as the garage went, and then the house went. We watched until the roof caved in and then we came home. We were all thankful that yesterday it rained all day and at the time of the fire it was snowing. It is so sad. The fire dept was there, but really looked incompetent. That is sad too. The homeowners were at home, but were able to get out before getting hurt, but they have lost everything. Pray for them. I tried to sleep last night, but kept waking up to glowing images of that house on fire.

Homey,

Read in another forum that you are on your way home. Have a safe trip.

Everyone else, have a wonderful day.

Oh, Spider, your poor neighbors. I will add them to my prayers.

I haven't gotten much done yet. I woke up stiff and with a headache that I originally thought was sinus. I took my son out to breakfast because we had promised him a special day because little DD has been the center of attention lately with her teeth. We had a nice talk about my dad, his grandpa. His biological father, who only talks to him once or twice a month, made a big deal (to me) about DS calling my DH dad. So I wanted to talk to DS about his grandpa so he'd understand that it's OK to love both the men in his life, in case my ex decides to make him feel guilty about it. I think it's just his own guilt coming out, but if he had been around more, then DS wouldn't see DH as his dad. So I don't feel sorry for him.

Anyway, by the time I came home I realized I was on my way to a whopper of a migraine, so I took some medicine and fell asleep. Normally, what I take knocks me out for about 20 mins or so, then the pain is manageable and I can function. Today I slept for over 4 hours LOL. DH did the dishes while I was snoozing, so that helped a lot.

I am going to get another load of potatoes in the dehydrator today, and hopefully one or two more tonight. They certainly go fast in there, which makes up for the few I can get in there. I need to buy more shelves for it, but the ones they have at Walmart are for a model they don't sell (go figure, LOL).

Then I'm going to work-busy work, not phones. I am revising my biz plan to allow for less of the stuff I want to quit doing, and more of the body oils and herb stuff and candles, etc, for a gradual move to land when we get some.

I'm off to post a question in homesteading, be back later!

Love you all!

The rain finally stopped, but the sky is so heavy with snow clouds and the winds and temps are freezing. Sure feels like we could have a major snow storm at any moment. But isn't in the forecast.

Dh and boss decided to try to lay some electric lines on a house today, was able to get a full day in. Thank Goodness.

So, since he was at work, I was able to get some work done on the house. Got the living room cleaned up and finished decorating, did a load of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen.

You should see my charlie brown christmas tree. I went outside and cut some small tree limbs, then placed them in a glass vase filled with some gravel,to weigh it down. Then I place some odd and end ornaments on the tree, as well as strung some clear lights through it. Dh had a fit over it. He had planned buying a little table top decorated tree for our kitchen counter. But when he seen what I had put there instead he rapidly changed his mind...

Spider, your neighbors are in my prayers, I hate that they lost everything and right here at the holidays...

Mommyof 5, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Do you take a prescribed medication for migraines, if not try Excedrin migraine. It is absolutely wonderful. I was having hormonal migraines, the doctor put on some medication that didn't do anything for me, even put me back on birth control, still had the headaches. Then when I started feeling one coming on I would take one of the Excedrins, and it would go away, It really lessened them, I havent had a migraine in over a year..

I am going to the store tomorrow, Ihave to get things for the kids christmas parties, and then I want to start getting some of the things I will be needing for christmas dinner. STill not sure exactly what we will be having. I plan on going on to the foodtv.com website and get some really good ideas. Dh just went to bed, he and boss are going to try to work tomorrow. The boss figured up since September, they have only worked one full week since September. So they are trying to work every chance they can get. I will be putting the kids to bed shortly, so I will be all alone, in the peaceful quiet.. and I can get online without being disturbed every five minutes....

So every body have a good evening and try to stay warm bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Unike,

I don't take a prescription for the migraines. I do take excedrin migraine if I catch them in time-beyond a certain point and I just hurl anything that goes down. I can't take BC pills because of them. They aren't hormonal, just come to visit whenever they want. When I was taking feverfew religiously they came much less often, but when our financial troubles started last year I stopped buying the feverfew. I get about 1 every 4-8 weeks or so and even if I catch them in time they will affect me for about 3 days, leaving me tired and sometimes fumbling for words long after the regular migraine feeling has gone away.

I get much more warning since we got our Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pit Bull mix. He's normally an affectionate dog, but when I have a migraine coming on, he's twice as affectionate, often climbing up in my lap if I"ll let him. I've seen dogs that can do that on TV, it was amazing when I figured out what he was doing. He does it 12-48 hours before hand. Once I thought he was wrong because it had been a few days but the next day it hit, sure enough.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, unike!