MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Disaster Films

Purdy Bear

What disaster movies have helped you to keep up your prep or even to start to prep?

I love 28 Days Later, which is an adult movie so not for the kids (sorry). It has a section where they go shopping in a deserted food shop, Iv even tried to see what they get in the baskets. :008Laughing:

I love the oldies like Earthquake, Tornado, Robinson Crusoe etc.

I like Independence Day - good movie to show the kids how sheeple panic.

Of course Red Dawn.

Swiss Family Robinson

The Wilderness Family series of movies - Love those movies!!

I'm sure there are more - I just can't think of any right now.

Kimba

I go way back to the 60's in my movie "wake up's" An old Ray Milland flick called ~ Panic in Year Zero ~ Los Angeles family goes on a camping trip and end up in a post-nuclear war survival environment. Alas Babylon as a book and a TV play concerned a small Florida town dealing with nuclear war. These are the two that got me on the survive track way back when.

'Red Dawn'. All the Earthquake movies.... dont know what the first ones are called but one is something like '10.5'

Polar Storm which is also a made for TV movie like the Earthquake ones are. Dark Storm, deals with scientists doing experiments with black holes/matter just was on last weekend. It was good!

'Polar Storm' deals with the poles shifting dramatically fast and how the new poles are all over the globe. When one sees the Northern Lights coming fast at the lower latitudes, all this brought on by a comet that sweeps by the sun and goes nearer the earth, it starts these things happening, and the EMP affects and sudden very bad quakes taking place where these disturbances occur in just a few days time, and the resulting chaos and how folks and the military martial law situation placed in affect is interesting to watch as it is about our times now. I liked it the best out of last weekends movies that were playing dealing with things beyond our control and setting us back to the 1800s basically.

'Volcano in NY' was fair to watch. Good reason for BOB's!

There are others I like but I cannot think of the titles just now.

Archived