MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Reality Hit Home

ToAutumn

On May 28th I got an e-mail from my son Alex, it said to check out his my space site, he had posted new pictures. Like a good mommie I rushed to check out his new pictures to see what he and his friends had been up to. The last picture was of him and a friend who had come stayed with us when they were evacuated from florida because of a hurricane.They both were sent to Wisconsin at the beginning of May for some extra training. The caption under the picture rea " 0200 hrs, 3 hours before deployment" He's gone. He landed in Germany sometime and arrived in Kuwait. He called us this morning at 2:30AM to talk and let us know he was ok, and that he loved us ect. I thought that just the thought of him having to go was tearing me apart, now the reality is here and I can't have a thought that doesn't surround him and his safety. Snowmom and the rest of you with loved ones over there, I don't know how you do it. I have never been able to give my worries, sorrows or pain to God and leave it in his hands, I always seem to snatch it back. I've started a new site to post pictures of him and the rest of us if any of you would like to see it,it's www,myspace.com/katmother.

He has been training and working as an "electrician" I guess. I have pictures of him 200 feet in the air at the top of a pole. He has told us about setting up the electricity for ceremonies on his base in florida. When I asked him if he was going to be working with electricity or would he be fighting, he told me I know he can't tell me that. So I don't know. I just walk around looking at the sunshine and keep trying to remember when he was a small child. He lived with his father for part of the year and it used to tear us both up when I had to put him on the airplane, we always watched the cartoon "fivel" with the mice. There is a song in it called "Somewhere out there" and it has a line about you're watching the same stars I am. I keep humming that song and hoping that he remembers like I do. oh well.

Karen-My son is getting ready to be deployed to the Middle East for the third time the first of September. His second tour was in Kuwait.

My son is in the Air Force and he gets to call home every few days, he also has access to the internet and can email me. This is a life saver for Mom's. Check with your son to see if he is able to call you, if he is, send phone cards. My son knows if he goes over four days without contacting me I go a "little crazy."

I pray that your son completes his tour in good health.

there's not enough smiley faces here to show my joy. I let myself worry so much over him that I gave myself a complete meltdown wensday, my sister gave me a double dose of my sleeping pills after calling my doctor. I couldn't quit crying, so they knocked me out. All better now. I get to hear his voice whenever he can call and I can "talk" to him thru IM so I guess I'll be okay. Got a care package all ready to be mailed to him. Thank you all so much for the prayers. I'll keep praying for all our soilders over there.

Karen-I'm so glad that you heard from him. Just hearing his voice lets you know that he is okay. How long will he have to be there??? My son will be leaving the first of September, he is suppose to go to Quatar (sp_)

Hang in there. This will be the third Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Birthday that my son will miss being home.

• 1 month later...

To all of you who have children and spouses in the armed services, your loved ones are in my prayers every night, and have been since the beginning. I can't begin to imagine how it must feel, and I pray I never know.

Always in my

Kaye

Archived