MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Keeping stuff from being marked as read?

furbabymom

I've noticed that if I'm in a forum, but don't read all the unread threads in the forum when I leave the site, when I come back everything's been marked as read (hope that made sense). Is there any way to keep things unread so when I come back I know what I still need to read? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

I think I know what you mean. If, for example, I come to the main forums page and look at one heading, such as "Are you Really Ready?" it might show 8 unread posts. If I enter the "Are you Really Ready?" room, those 8 might 2 on one thread, 5 on a second thread and 1 post on the third thread. If I don't actually read any threads, but return to the main forum page that (8) no longer shows. If I go back into the "Are you Really Ready?" room, individual threads do still show (2), (5) or (1).

Does that help you at all?

If you close the Mrs S site page and return, those posts are still marked as unread, if you reenter the forum the sites will still be unread, but it does help if you have checked the forum and move on, to be able to see which forums you have checked so they are still marked unread unless you activate the button at the bottom of the page 'mark all read'

It's actually the individual threads that are marked as read. For example, the other day I was in the Pinching Pennies area. All those freebies were unread. I glanced through but didn't have time to open all of them. When I came back later, they all looked like they had been read (the icon on the left was white instead of yellow).

Unfortunately, there's no way to change that aspect of the program. I'm really sorry frown

Archived