MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Why Can't We Edit Our Submitted Recipes?

edensong

Sometimes I think I'm the typo queen. :P It would be helpful if we could edit our submitted recipes. Why can't we do that?

Yup... it gets turned off. It's pretty standard practice in boards. Might be to cut down on "drive by" posts that hurt people and start something, then edit to make themselves look good, but I really don't know.

But I can do it for you at any time if you send me a PM and tell me what/how you want it, and I would be glad to do that.

:bighug2:

Actually, it wasn't available to edit as soon as I submitted it last night. It's still within the 24 hour period, but the edit button isn't there.

I took a look at the main settings, and it says you can edit them. :shrug:

Lemme have some time to check it out better.

That's cuz you're a top dog. :lol:

Can you go in "as me" and see how "I" see it?

The only thing I see is to add a comment. Recipe was posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM, so theoretically, I "should" be able to edit.

Sorry about all this "pickyooney" stuff.

Nope... I can't go in "as you" unless it's a special case and I have all kinds of permissions. Board policy.

If I can't do it by using my super-secret alter-ego :happy0203: then I just might come ask you and Darlene for permission.

**adjusts goggles** Going in.... superhero2.gif

Well, I tried it. From the start, it showed "edit this recipe" at the bottom of the box. Hours later, it still does.

Does yours? It's not at the bottom of the entire recipe; it's at the bottom of the top box, the "information" box.

editerecipelessthan10.jpg

Let me know if it's not.

Well, it's too late now. You know, I bet I didn't see it because I still have the Christmas theme and that row is colored dark green. I will make a note to look there next time. Thanks for checking, Cat. Still got your goggles on? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The recipe program is a completely seperate program from the message board program. They're integrated and seamless, but still different software.

Like Cat said, you should be able to edit your recipes anytime you need to. The message board however, has been set to a limit of 24 hours. We have had people in the past, a year after they wrote a post, go in and delete them out of spite, thus throwing entire threads off and losing valuable information. I just changed those permissions to 24 hours to ward against that happening again.

People will be people.

As I said, I think my problem was the Christmas skin that was dark where I should have been able to see "edit". No worries!!!

Sure seems silly that someone would delete a recipe out of spite. Good grief! But as you say, people will be people!

Archived