MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Tuesday Morning

Judy Moist

Well it looks to be another hot one today, with a high of 98* and a heat index of 105-108 degrees today, and then possible severe storms moving in for tomorrow.

Haven't gotten much done today, did manage to cook up some meals for the kids to just heat up for themselves, yesterday.. I fixed a big mess of fried chicken and mashed potatoes, taco meat, hamburgers and pulled pork barbeque.. so they are ready for the next couple of days.. gotta load of

It's afternoon here and 77.

DH & I have been in the backyard pruning back a quince that was here when we bought the place but got just too rangey and ugly. If it doesn't come back nicely, then something else will be planted there. While we were at it we trimmed cherry tree limbs hanging over the fence from the house behind. Now we have all these big pieces of wood and we might make something out of them.

Got a Carla Emery newsletter to still read.

Unike: It's too hot where you are, but you already knew that. Too bad you can't bottle it up to use in winter when you need it.

Good day all. I've been babysitting my little cousin (Ben)so haven't had time to get online. Did I mention him already? he just turned 4 yo and is still pooping in his pull-ups. He got kicked out of the day care (where his mom works) because he beats other kids up. He's almost as tall as my 8 yo. Supposedly he's going to be about 6'7". I think he's a bit mentally slow as well as being abnormally large. He doesn't listen for anything and trying to "just tell him not to hit" doesn't work. His grandma (my aunt) told me to give him a spank on the butt when he misbehaves and that sure does more than just telling him. I don't like to spank though and use it as a last resort and really don't like spanking kids that aren't mine. But unfortunately, spanking is sometimes the only thing that works for this kid.

The other day he jabbed an umbrella into my DD's leg and I had to take it from Ben and he hit me, so I spanked him and while I was bent down to spank him, he slapped me in the face. I moved him away from me, and then he punched me, kicked me and grabbed my wrists and clawed me. So I turned my hands and clawed him a little, and made him really mad, and he finally let go of me and was pulling away from me, so I let go of him and he landed on his butt and cried for 4 minutes. (or should I say SCREAMED!!!)

My DS is starting not to behave like his normal sweet, loving, helpful self now too. He's ignoring me, and hitting, and talking like Ben (who talks like a 2 yo). My DH told me that if Ben gets too much for me, that we were doing OK without the extra money ($150 a week), so I can quit whenever I want to. I usually get paid every Friday, but I haven't been paid for last week yet and that upsets me. I know my cousin got paid because they went camping for the weekend. Just because I'm family, doesn't mean he can take advantage of me. Especially after telling me that I have to watch Ben at their house and not mine because I live in a trailer park and they don't want their child here.

Urgh!

Anyway, sorry to vent. Hope everyone is doing great.

Oh yeah, Peaceful, the smoking thing is not working yet, maybe when I'm not babysitting the terror, lol. Lily, I am definately interested in learning more about the laser thing, thanks.

Blesses be all.

Honey, I would not have had to think about it twice, I would have busted me a fanny!!!!

Awaiting storms here today, a cold front is moving through and knocking out this heat wave,thank goodness, we had heat index of 108* yesterday,, ridiculous..

Snowmom, I hope all goes well with your surgery and hope your back gets to feeling better,, and remember,,,TEAM LIFT..... never lift anything heavy on your own.....

You guys have a good day and take care, gonna go get started and try to clean this place up some....

Archived