MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Plastic storage caps from Ball

Have you seen these? I'm probably behind the times but just noticed these items recently. They come in regular and wide mouth and can be used in the freezer. They are reusable and dishwasher safe. They would be great for something you've canned, like salsa, when you've opened and not eaten all of it. I can also see some "craft" uses for it too. And the regular lids fit mayo jars. (Just NEVER can using mayo jars!!!!!)

Yeah I've seen them, but I guess for me personally, I just didn't think they were necessary for my needs and worth the expense...I don't freeze anything in the ball canning jars, and if I store stuff in them in the refrig, I use the regular ring and seal...

I'm sure for crafts, like you say, there probably could be some nice uses for them, my craft of choice tends to just be food lol...

Nice reminder though, I had forgotten about those!

There is a down side to using the metal rings in the frig. They rust making it more difficult to reuse them for canning. So I have a dozen of the plastic ones that I put on the jar after opening them. Maple syrup, jams etc are kept for some time in the refrigerator so I really like having the plastic ones.

Archived