MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wedding plans

Freetobeme

DD and I have been on a whirlwind wedding planning binge. So far we have booked a bed and breakfast as the location, booked a photographer who includes the negatives on a CD in his package, narrowed the dress search down to two, decided on how the centerpieces will be done, selected the type of bouquets she wants, picked cake designs (I now have to make dummies of each type for final selection), decided on most of the menu, have most of the guest list in place, updated her bridal registry (added some cookware and bedding), purchased rose garland on sale for the head table, and have two possibles for the DJ. All of this is since she came in on Tuesday! Boy do my feet hurt.

Now we have to find bridesmaid attire in the 'right' color. Since her bridesmaids have very different figures, she decided to go with individualized styles to flatter their figures, yet look good together.

The centerpieces, decorations, cake, food, and her veil are being done by family rather than hired. I plan to do the cake and most of the food and hire a couple of college students as servers. It's a buffet, so doesn't require much talent to serve and clean up. The flowers and centerpieces and other decorations such as tulle bows for the chairs will be done by family and me as soon as I finish the design work and buy the supplies. Her grandma is making her veil, so I have to get the design done for that and get the materials. I have to make dummies of the cake designs she likes so she can see how they really look with the modifications she wants. She and her fiance will be here at Christmas, so I will make some six inch layers of the different flavors of cake and fillings for their approval. The groom's cake is easy. He wants a big football on a football field. That is just a matter of using a fancy cake mold and a sheet cake. He is still deciding on his flavors.

Boy, this is like work! But it is fun.

Oh do you have your "work" cut out for you

Like you, I did my daughter's wedding, though I would drag myself to bed each night, it was sooooooo much fun.

Last week I was doing homecoming mums, every year I say "no mas, no more" and every year I look forward to the words "Its Homecoming, are you making mums this year?" Just so I can say "You becha!!!!"

Texmex

Archived