MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

inter ear infection

Linda

Inner ear infections are generaly started by sinus infection, but they can also be caused by attempting to clean your ears with a q-tip. The q-tip actually packs the ear wax against the eardrum. Better to use olive oil or warm water in the ear as a softening agent and let it run out.

It is said that mullien oil can clear up ear problems, too

Make mullien oil by picking the flowers of the mullien stalk and loosly filling a flat bottle, such as a pint whisky bottle with the blossoms and then filling with olive oil, allow to sit in the sun for about 3 weeks. It will keep about a year.

check out this site

http://www.xlear.com/articles/inner-ear-infection.aspx

My neice used coloidal silver 2 or 3 drops in her ear 3 or 4 times a day, it usually cleared up quite quickly with this method.

To treat a sinus infection purchase a nose spray with only saline solution, pour out 2/3 of it and add CS and spray the nasal passages 3 or 4 times a day.

I got my 3 yr old son's ear infection cleared up alot sooner this time with colloidal silver and switched back and forth with mullien-garlic oil, it is availble at heathfood stores...also ear candling helps with clearing out the eustation (sp?) tubes... but always follow it with the garlic/mullien drops. if anyone is interested in trying ear candling they should have someone show them how to do it the first few times. I love it, it really helps with my sinus/ear problems. I also do have the c/s sinus spray, it works like a charm for me, sinus infection usually clears up in a day. (thats my 2 cents worth anyway...)AM

Teach your kids (and yourself) not to completely stiffle sneezes and to blow noses gently. If you hold in a sneeze or get really carried away with nose blowing when you have sore throat or sinus infection, the bacteria can be forced up the eustachian tubes to the inner ear. Once there, they set up housekeeping and viola, an ear infection. The eustachian tubes are the little (about the diameter of a broomstraw) tubes that go from your throat to your inner ear. That's why yawning can unstuff your ears when you go up or down in elevation and feel as if your ears are 'plugged up'.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived