MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Speaking of Canning......

Guest Guest

Does anyone know whaere I can get more jars? Specifically I am looking for wide mouth quarts. I have several turkeys to can and I'm down to 24 jars. All the stores in the area are completely out. This is most infuriating. I live in a rural area and no-one stocks them after about August.

I'd freeze the turkey except that my freezers are full.

HELP!!!!!

I found this place on the net when I was looking for my canner a few years ago, and they had some pretty good prices compared to other places...

It just so happened that I got lucky cause they were located in Miami so I can just drive there but they do ship all over the country:

Goodman's

Thank you very much Darlene,

I do not understand what the deal is with stores not stocking canning jars. I mean I realize it's October, but we live in the country for heaven's sake. It was easier to find them in Detroit when we lived there. How bizarro.

Sorry, I had to vent a bit.

Hi!

I see you are in Mich (I am in Ohio!). I get jars in a pinch at Big and Small Lots....do you have those?? Ours always has jars...you can go there and buy a box for Valentine's day if you wanted Ours carries jeely jars, wide and regular mouthed quarts and pints. And their prices are really good, cheapest in a store than I have ever seen (they run between $5-6.00 a dozen here)

Good luck!!!!

Shawna

Archived