MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Question

ummmmmmmmmmmm...I think snowmama has spoken!

Actually I think some are not aware of the recipe book that we have available, or have forgotten that it's there...it would be really awesome to transfer these recipes to our cookbook...

*thinking how to do that*

Yanno how at the bottom of this page, it lists the numbers of pages in this forum? Like, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20...

I have an idea...if we could get 20 volunteers to pick a page number and then to transfer all the recipes from the page number they picked (I pick page #3, so I'll transfer all those recipes to the cookbook), then that would really minimize the work for 1 or 2 people and would be a team effort?

Any takers?

I'll do page #3 (don't ask why I picked 3...ok, you can ask...3 has always been my *number* lol)

I think I know why we got busy & didn't finish.

It's time-comsuming.

You can copy & paste, but you have to have each ingredient separated by the "enter" space to put each one on it's own line. You can't just throw it in there and it copies it as it's written in the forums.

It's perfectly fine, as long as you realize that. Just go through and separate them after you have them pasted.

Also, if the recipe has definite "steps", you'll want to separate them. Everything is in one paragraph if you don't.

You also need to put *something* in each entry (prep time, servings, etc.), *EXCEPT* for picture. I just put in a * (star).

Not difficult, just takes time to enter each one.

Ok, what am I doing wrong??? I put the name of the person in the 'Name' place and tried to get it to work. I don't have any of the e-mail addresses so can't fill that in. It won't let me post the recipes. I want to give the right person the credit.

Someone help me here.

Pogo, how did you get them to work????

Snowmom, I'm sorry that I didn't check in early enough to answer your question. Looks like Cat helped you just fine.

I've been putting a ? in the spaces I don't have an answer for.

I open the Kitchen forum in a new window, then I open the thread I want to copy recipes from. I highlight and copy the recipe and directly copy it to the Recipe Book, which I have also opened in a new window. That way, I don't have to copy to word program.

Sounds like you are moving right along!

Archived