MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday in the Diary

logcabinmama

Good morning Snowmom and everyone! I'm really tired right now. It probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't gotten out of bed before 8am since last Tuesday. I have a really weird schedule.

Last night, I went to a friend's house. She is a stamping fanatic. We were making coasters to give as Christmas presents. I got two of my 4 sets done. They turned out quite well. I just have to get little felt feet for them now. Someone had asked for a picture a while ago when I initially learned to make them...I still haven't scanned the first one I made.

So today is Tuesday, and I have to work, as usual, then go to school. I did finally complete my essay. The final proofreading and editing was done this morning between 5:30 and 6:30am. Then I printed it, and the printer needed a head cleaning...so I fixed the printer, then printed it again! I'm quite proud of my essay. I hope I get a good mark. I was not happy with the last essay, so we'll see what happens with this one. I really should have gone through it sentence-by-sentence to weed out any dangling modifiers (I had quite a lot of those last time), but quite frankly, by that time I really didn't care! Since it is a paper about grammatical standards, it will be quite embarrassing to find out how many mistakes I have in it. I actually called my grandfather to ask the correct usage of the word "usage" (it's one of his pet peeves).

Today at 12:30, I have a meeting with the director of my department, likely regarding what will happen when the strike is over. I think the union voted no on the contract though...just my opinion.

~Jo

Today...... Well I got Jo up and out the door.. Brought wood in on the way back to the house. Got on here for a bit.. Filled my jars with soup and put them in the canner... Washed off the table.. Swept the floors. Did the dishes from the canning. Made a batch of banana bread. Wiped down the bar (I am messy with flour)... Out of my left over chili and veggie soup I got 2 quarts of chili and 5 veg... With one pint of veggie soup left for lunch.. Think I'll make a grilled cheese to go with it. Then I am going to get out my sewing machine and put together some quilt squares I have been working on... Nothing major there just a 4 patch square... I'll probably get some

snowmom, i am looking forward to much colder weather. you see, i was given this beautiful (fake) fur coat last spring, and i have not had a chance to wear it in proper cold weather.

Jo glad you are proud of your essay. i was tellling pat about the subject matter of your essay, and pat said that you would "enrichen" us all. i keep telling him that "enrichen" isn't a word. he didn't believe me and he looked it up in the dictionary, and it wasn't there. he continued to insist that it is a word. LOL this coming from a guy who sais things like, "old ancient" and "more slower" when he does, i always ask him if he would like to rephrase his sentence before i keel over laughing my butt off at him. hee hee sapphires "thing" is much. "mom, how much things do you have?" ]

buttercup, i had the same problem with my materials, so i got a big rubbermaid bin for it all, and now that is full, and i STILL have material scraps all over. LOL i need another bin! :P but if you want to talk material scraps, you should see my moms sewing room. hee hee

not much to do to day, i am tired, and i had a nap, somepeople came and looked at the house today and i was totally unprepared. i have laundry all over the place getting folded. we did 6 loads at the laundrymat lastnight just before it closed and pat overloaded the dryers so that nothing dried properly, so i have it all hung up around the house. what isnt wet is folded and taking up space. i have to put them away, and pack pack pack!!! arrgh. i only got 2 boxes done yesterday. no matter how many boxes i pack the clutter never ends!! no matter how much i throw out, i still have junk! i think i shall make yardsale boxes for spring. since we will have a yard!! lol

the only other pressing thing i have to do today and i have to try not to forget is sapphires dr's appointment at 3:45. he ear hurts. i hope its nothing.

have a great day!

Archived