MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Crisp Friday Morning

Bamboo

Morning all. It is really "crisp" here today... 33 this morning, heavy frost. Our trees are a bright beautiful yellow-orange... just awesome.

I don't have to work today so I'm catching up on my reading (my ISP was down for a couple of days) and then I have to take a mid term exam.... Other than that I think I'll just be lazy today.

Hope everyone has a fun friday.

thanks for mentioning your internet connection...i have to call my isp and change a few things i keep forgetting :P

anyways, 2 days till moving time, and so all we are doing is packling. i have made sure everyone has enough clothes and toiletries for the next dfew days, and i am packing everything else. EVERYTHING!! lol the only things i am not packing is my kitchen. that gets done last. the FIRST thing into my new house will be the crockpot, and chicken with potatos and carrots. that can slowcook all day so that we can have an early dinner and go to bed as soon as everything is moved. pats back is still bugging him but now that he has a prescription for muscle relaxants, he is not doing TOO bad. he is still complains a lot though! lol

i will be without phone and internet for a few days. i am disconnecting my phone and internet and with the strike, who knows when it will get hooked up. hey jo, hows that going anyways? are they still striking?

i can hear pat andmorrigan stirring from thier nap, and so now the real work begins(putting up with a sick whiny husband! hah hah)

I jumpstarted my day at 7:30 this morning, did a bunch of paperwork, computer work, etc., and then threw on some clothes and ran to the bank. Actually, I drove but it just doesn't seem to flow as well that way.

Hello! Today I slept in, which I always feel guilty for doing (granted, I did work until midnight last night). I got a square knitted for the baby blanket I am making, and gave some names to the 2 finches (I think they're finches) that regularly visit my feeder. Piglet is bigger and all brown, and she likes to eat a lot. Chicken is, well, a chicken. He always sends Piglet to scout out the feeder first, then when he comes, he hides behind the feeder, and is constantly alert and looking around. I like to watch the birds, they're interesting. I haven't seen the chickadees or the blue jay lately. Then I went to the second-hand store to get some glass pots (for making herbal stuff, so the metal in my cooking pots doesn't react), and a tall metal container to use for a double boiler. I'm going to try making hand-dipped taper candles. I also went to Michael's (craft store), to buy some candle wick, and gift boxes for the coasters I'm making.

When I got home, DH had put away all of the dishes , and disconnected the dishwasher. Our new one comes in tomorrow. They had better deliver it by 2:30, since I have to leave for work at 3pm.

Then we went to the grocery store, and ended up running late. DH is going up north to his college cross-country running Provincials. The race is tomorrow, so they're spending the night tonight. (it's a 5 hour drive each way) I hope he places well.

Pixie, they are still striking. We find out on Oct.30 if the vote on the new contract was yes or no. If you email me your new phone number, I can see if there'll be any delays.

Time to get back to work. Enjoy the rest of the day (night for most people by now)!

~Jo

Archived