MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

sunday

Kygal

sunday is off to a low start. we had a late dinner of spanish rice last night and we were up late. i got some new (used) clothes for morrigan, and got rid of some of sapphires old clothes.

this morning i am up earlier than yesterday, 8:00 of course, that is only because of the time change. lol i hope you all remembered to change your clocks!

today all we are doing is packing packing packing packing. we were suppossed to move in today but we founf out that the painter didnt do whast he was paid for, and he only painted 2 bedrooms then he took off!!

Hi all,

Pixie, enjoy your tea and don't work too hard on the packing. We don't do daylight savings time in AZ, so I didn't have to reset clocks.

Today is another fix the house day. I have to run out and get more baseboards and a few food supplies (mainly dogs treats ).

It seems every weekend morning my Internet service is down. I don't know why, they don't know why, but I'm tired of it. I have Cox, BTW.

here is the link to the pattern:

http://crochet.about.com/gi/dynamic/offs...tree_skirt.html

here is a couple photos of mine(unfinished). i am switching around the colours. (these photos make the colours look a lot brighter.)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/rei...no/Image015.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/rei...no/Image016.jpg

i will post this in crafters alley as well.

Have I ever told you how much I dislike the time change? Well, I do. It's only 4 and getting dark. I'm remembering how unpleasant it was to go to work in the dark and return in the dark. I do love autumn and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving.

I had to change internet carriers because our dsl signal was so bad I could barely get online or read anything. We were using the phone provider and they told us if they came out and they didn't think it was in their line it would cost us $100 or we could buy a new gizmo to hook up (the little box) at our own cost or rent one from them at a silly monthly cost or choose a new provider. I think DH enjoyed calling them back and telling them we were discontinuing service. .

**warning: long post!**

Hello everybody! I am not working today!!! Or tomorrow. It is so nice to have a few days off. Well, we did remember to turn our clocks back (in fact, DH did so before I got home from work, so it gave me a start to see that I was in bed at 11:30, when I was at work at midnight!). So we intended to go to church today, but we didn't quite make it. A few blocks away on a busy road, the traffic lights were out, and it was pure chaos. We did not know the lights were out, and the way the sun was shining from the south-east, the only thing we could see for sure was that the light was NOT red. So we're cruising along, and suddenly a mini-van pulls out in front of us trying to do a left turn! We were going slow enough that it wasn't a major accident when we collided. No one was physically hurt (the other driver complained of a stiff neck, but he did say that he didn't think it was related). The van had some denting, but we think it's just body work that needs to be done. There's no visible damage to our car, just smudges from the tire. We're ok, though DH is really ticked off about it. So after jotting down each other's info, we continued on our seperate ways. DH and I decided not to go to church, so we turned around, and went back through that intersection. In the time it took us to go one block, and turn around, there was another crash...again with a car and a minivan. It looked like that one was nearly head-on, so I don't know what they were doing. This is in the space of 15 minutes from our crash to theirs. We went home, and called the police to notify them that they should get a traffic cop out there to direct traffic, then we went to the police station to fill out the accident report. The other driver and his grouchy wife were there too (she was in a better mood by then).

Once we got that all straightened out, we tried to hook up the dishwasher. We didn't have the right connector so we went to Rona, and picked up a few things. When we got home, we found out that the connector didn't fit the existing pipe, so DH went back to Rona. He took with him the two things he needed to connect. They gave him a piece, and sent him home. Guess what? It was STILL the wrong piece. Aren't they supposed to know what they are talking about???

So that was the frustrating part of our day. On a brighter note, I got two more pieces done for the blanket I'm knitting. I've decided that I will just keep knitting pieces until the baby is born, then stitch them together as soon as I know the gender. I may end up with a smaller blanket than intended, but it definately takes the pressure off. I no longer have to think "oh no, I still need to do 39 more pieces!!!"

We went to DH's grandma's house for supper. His two brothers were also there with their girlfriend and fiancee, respectively. Man, TH's engagement ring is nice! JD has good taste. After supper, we followed the other bro-in-law to drop off his car at the transmission place, then took him and his GF home; then we went to see if Rona was still open...it wasn't so we decided to see if Walmart had the piece we needed (Walmart has everything right?). It did not, though I did find felt feet for the coasters I'm making.

Now, DH is still fiddling with the dishwasher, and I'll probably hang out here until bedtime.

Pixie: How do you crochet so fast??? You always have a new project every time I talk to you. By the way, those white lace curtains at IKEA are $14.99 for the 2 panels if you're still looking.

Peaceful: Your old DSL provider sounds like the place I work for...charges for everything! I did hear that DSL in the states is terrible. Some friends of mine used to work at a call centre for Comcast, and they can tell stories!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night everyone!

~Jo

jo, since they were trying to make a left turn, they would be at fault. i know, i was the one making a left turn once when some #%$^#& ok, well, i'll just leave that one alone. LOL

i crochet fast because i make small projects, not blankets, and because it is faster to crochet than knitting anyways

How is Dan going to get a dryer and a couch? He's not moving to BC, is he?

Kevin's run was ok. I don't know where he placed, but he said he did better than he had expected. He still didn't qualify for nationals.

~Jo

Archived