MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pneumonia

Freetobeme

I talked to my DS (the corpsman) this morning. He said bacterial pneumonia is usually caused by staph or strep. It infects the throat or sinuses and then goes to the lungs and causes pneumonia or bronchitis. It is especially prevalent in hospital or group care settings and is very easily transmitted to those with compromised immune systems and the young or elderly. His suggestion was wear a mask and use hand sanitizer or wash your hands very well with warm water and soap. (Remember to lather and scub for at least twenty seconds and get under your nails.) I guess I will be wearing a mask on the bus. Who knows it might be a new fashion statement!

pneumonnia has really been rampant the past few years here in eastern kansas, I had it last month, coughed so hard I ruptured a disc in my neck... going to a conventional doctor is last resort for me, but I knew when I couldnt catch my breath, and was coughing up chunks it was time to get some anti biotics. son had stared same way, but his settled in his ears this time. (amoxicillin and colloidal silver in his ear did the trick) I swear by pleurosy root!!! its getting hard to find as a single herb or tincture any more though. You usually have to have the heath food store order it for you. I mix the tincture with elderberry jelly (home made) to get it down the 3 yr old. Do a search and see what you find out about pleurosy root, it is a wonderful herb. I still feel good about only being on antibiotics once every 2 yrs. When I do get anibiotics I ask for amoxicillin instead of those high powered ones. It (knock on wood) has worked so far.... good luck to all and if you are find you are short of breath and or your chest feels tight, go get it checked out and dont let the dr.'s office put you off for 2 weeks either! AM

Archived